Rear quarter view)|
A Manana in GTA III..
GTA III |
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Vice City Stories
|Also known as||Ariant (during GTA III development)|
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2/4-door coupe|
2 (GTA III — GTA IV)|
4 (GTA Chinatown Wars)
|Manufacturer||Albany (GTA IV)|
The Manana is a two-door coupe first introduced in Grand Theft Auto III. For much of its existence, the Manana has been designed as an undesirable vehicle, combining poor performance with unappealing aesthetics. The Manana concept was significantly changed in Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto V, but retains its two-door coupe body style.
GTA III — GTA Vice City Stories
In its early appearances, the Manana is fashioned as a very compact car. In Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, the vehicle assumes a very boxy design, resembling coupe variants of a Dodge Aries or a Plymouth Reliant K. Its appearance remains "boxy" in GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories — reflecting early 1980s automobile design trends. At one point during development of GTA III, the Manana was known on the Capital Autos website as the "Ariant", an evident portmanteau of the Dodge Aries and Plymouth Reliant names.
Additional redesigns for the Manana were made for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto Advance and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. In GTA San Andreas, the Manana assumed a slightly different body design, resembling a Dodge Shadow or Plymouth Sundance (but with front turn signals like earlier renditions). The GTA Advance rendition of the car features an older design than any previous version, harking back to a 1970s model. In GTA Liberty City Stories, a rounder 1990s convertible body design was used, resembling a Mazda Miata.
The Manana is considered inferior to most vehicles due primarily to its poor engine power. The GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City Stories renditions suffer largely from a low top speeds (the GTA San Andreas rendition has a top speed of only 74 mph or 120 km/h) and has a considerably unbalanced body, but otherwise accelerates averagely and is very nimble and easy to control due to its weight and size. The GTA Advance rendition features similar performance traits, with an identical top speed, but also grapples with poor off-road capabilities (traveling off-road at a maximum of 25 mph or 40 km/h). The GTA Liberty City Stories features improved handling over earlier renditions.
GTA III (Rear quarter view).
GTA IV — GTA V
The Albany Manana has a very different look in GTA IV compared to its namesake in the previous games - it is now a sharp '70s-style luxury car. The front detailing resembles that of a 1975 Buick LeSabre, but the rest is unmistakably derived from a 1967 or '68 Cadillac Eldorado; the front bumper is derived from neither of these cars, having a late '70s look. The car is available as both a coupe and a convertible. The GTA IV rendition of the Manana does have one thing in common with the prior versions: it still has poor performance and mediocre handling, although it is far from the worst-handling car in the game. Its top speed is about 150 km/h (93 mph). The car can be sold for $1,200 at S&M Auto Sales after completion of Stevie's Car Thefts in GTA IV.
The Manana in GTA Chinatown Wars exists exclusively as the gang car for the Yardies, appearing only with a green body color and a yellow landau, and a more compact 1960s/1970s design. Performance wise, the car is a significant improvement over its many preceding renditions, with moderate top speed and acceleration, good steering and acceptable brakes. For the first time in the series, it is a 4-door sedan, which can be compared with the Greenwood in its appearance.
The Manana, included in GTA V, is identical in design to the Manana in GTA IV.
GTA V, as seen in the second GTA V trailer.
The Manana is featured prominently in the GTA III mission "Dead Skunk in the Trunk" for Joey Leone. Claude is charged with taking the car from Greasy Joe's to Harwood Autocrusher and Junkyard, whilst avoiding the Forelli Brothers. A special version of the car is used, internally dubbed the Corpse. This version features blood smeared at the tail of the vehicle and a corpse of a Forelli Family gang member in the trunk. It is visible if the truck lid is bumped loose. After disposing of the Forelli Brothers' Sentinels, the corpse-carrying Manana can be taken back to the player's safehouse and get blown up in the garage. Whilst this leads to mission failure, this unique Manana can be saved and kept after the garage closes and re-opens. In addition, this Manana emits a different horn sound and comes in darker trims.
In GTA IV, a Manana is requested as part of Stevie's Car Thefts, appearing with a uniquely white top (if it appears with a top) and grey body. As a new Manana will respawn at the same spot until the player delivers one to S&M Auto Sales, the player can save one at their safehouse before delivering another.
In The Ballad of Gay Tony, during Arnaud's second encounter, a pimp drives a unique maroon and gold Manana, who stole Arnaud's wallet and beat him up after a rather odd night of opium and prostitutes. After killing the pimp and dropping Arnaud off, the car can be kept.
Trunk area of the "corpse" Manana (with the trunk cover removed) featured in "Dead Skunk in the Trunk" in GTA III.
The requested Manana in Stevie's Car Thefts in GTA IV.
Customization in GTA San Andreas
The Manana in GTA San Andreas can be modified at a TransFender, which offers a moderate range of customizations for the car:
Italicized pricing denotes prices at the Las Venturas TransFender, which charges 20% more except Colors.
- "Mañana" is Spanish for "tomorrow", possibly a reference to the car's markedly unimpressive speed and handling (ie, "You'll get there tomorrow").
- In GTA IV, despite there being no "ñ" in its name, the police on the radio pronounce its name with one.
- In GTA IV, the car emits a "door ajar" chime when one of its doors is opened, unusual considering the rarity of the feature in real-life cars from the 1960s and 1970s.
- The Manana plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- GTA III
- AmCo underground car park in Torrington, Staunton Island.
- Often seen around the Red Light District .
- Francis International Airport parking lot, Shoreside Vale.
- GTA Vice City
- The Manana can frequently be found in Little Haiti and Little Havana.
- Commonly appears in the car park of the Schuman Healthcare Center, in Downtown.
- GTA San Andreas
- Occasionally at the Xoomer Gas Station in Easter Basin, San Fierro.
- Spawns in Da Nang Boys gang turf, like Easter Basin.
- GTA Liberty City Stories
- AmCo underground car park in Torrington, Staunton Island.
- By the church in Bedford Point, Staunton Island.
- Carson General Hospital car park in Rockford, Staunton Island.
- GTA IV
- Stevie requests a Manana for his Car Thefts, this one is found behind the Burger Shot near the Huntington Street Station in Cerveza Heights, Dukes.
- Often spawn in Hove Beach, Firefly Island, Beachgate, Schottler (Broker), Cerveza Heights, Steinway, Willis (Dukes), East Holland, North Holland, Northwood, Star Junction, Purgatory (Algonquin), Boulevard, Fortside, South Bohan (Bohan), Acter and Tudor (Alderney).
- Occasionally spawn in Bohan Industrial, Little Bay and Northern Gardens (Bohan).
- Rarely spawn in Beechwood City (Broker), and Presidents City (Algonquin).
- GTA Chinatown Wars
- GTA V
- Along gang-riddled areas such as Davis, Chamberlain Hills, Strawberry and Rancho.
- Green pre-modified variants spawns around Families gang areas such as Chamberlain Hills and Strawberry.
- Purple pre-modified variants spawns around Ballas gang areas such as Davis and Grove Street.
- Yellow pre-modified variants spawns around Vagos gang areas such as Rancho.
- In the next-gen version of GTA V, sometimes a civilian pre-modified variant spawns around East Los Santos, especially in front of Olson's Autos and the bus junkyard, along with the Peyote, Tornado and Buccaneer.
- Rarely spawns around Rockford Hills and Burton.