|Appearances||GTA Vice City|
|Full Name||Diaz' Hitmen|
|Main Affiliations||Ricardo Diaz|
Diaz' Hitmen are three characters in the 3D Universe that appear in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. They are, as the name states, the hitmen of Vice City drug baron Ricardo Diaz. They are the hitmen that disrupted the drug deal between the Forelli Family, represented by Tommy Vercetti, Harry, Lee and Ken Rosenberg, and the Vance Crime Family, represented by the Vance Brothers (Victor Vance and Lance Vance) in GTA Vice City's introduction. The Hitmen do not appear to be regular members of his gang, rather they could be mercenaries.
Diaz' Hitmen are dressed in black BDUs (battle dress uniforms) and black tuques. They all appear to be Caucasian and of medium athletic build. One of them has a mustache. They are perhaps inspired by the LAPD SWAT team in the film Die Hard, who have similar uniforms.
One of them carriers a Colt pistol, another an MP5K (which is not an in-game weapon, though an MP5A3 is), and a third carries an M16A2 (also not available in-game weapon, while the Colt Model 733 incorrectly titled as the "M4" is) or M60 machine gun.
Role in storyline
Just before the drug deal between the two crime families takes place, Diaz' Hitmen hide behind the crates in Phil's Depot, which had been abandoned between 1984 and 1986 and was the location of the drug deal, under the request of the Vance Brothers. The deal was a drug deal, with Victor Vance trading two suitcases of 100% Pure Grain Colombian Cocaine for $2,000,000 from the Forelli Family. Just before the deal is finished, the three men emerged from their hiding place and open fire on the dealers, killing Victor, Harry and Lee. Lance fled in his Maverick while Tommy and Ken fled in Ken's Admiral, leaving the cocaine and money behind, which gets picked up and handed to Diaz, who presumably used them for his own gains and leisure. It is because of this ambush that the events of GTA Vice City take place.
Murders committed by Diaz' Hitmen
- Victor Vance - (killed under orders from Ricardo Diaz)
- Harry - (killed under orders from Ricardo Diaz)
- Lee - (killed under orders from Ricardo Diaz)
- Upon closer inspection of the scene, it can be seen that Vic is killed by the hitman wielding the M-60, and Harry and Lee are both gunned down by a barrage of bullets from both the M16, and the MP5.
- Diaz' Hitmen and Trevor Phillips are the only characters in the Grand Theft Auto series who have successfully murdered a protagonist in a non-determinant situation. Trevor stomped Johnny Klebitz to death in Grand Theft Auto V.
- However Ricardo Diaz could in turn be labeled as a character who killed a protagonist as he was the one who ordered the ambush.
- Diaz' Hitmen are three of only six non-playable living characters to be present for the death of a protagonist. The others being Ken Rosenberg, Ron Jakowski, and Wade Hebert.