Forum:Two more DLCs
Does anyone know if us PS3 users are going to get a some downloadable content? I heard that after the second DLC for XBOX, the PS3's going to get two DLCs. Has anyone else heard about it or got ideas for new characters? TommygunAl
- Rockstar has said that DLC for the PS3 is "likely", but have not said what it will be, so I have no idea if it will be the same two, but I hope it is. What Rockstar said about DLC for the PS3 being likely has caused alot of speculation that what Microsoft has paid for is "time-exclusivity", but that they aren't telling us that so that everyone who owns a PS3 goes out and buys a 360 just for TLAD, before they find out it's coming to PS3 (and many people have done that I would guess). Personally, I own a PS3 so I hope we get it, and I don't want it to be different DLC (that would be stupid). As for what I know about TLAD, I think they did a bad job of it, and that things like weapons and vehicles exclusive to TLAD should also be added to the main game. However, If it was to come to PS3, or I owned a 360, that wouldn't stop me from buying it for other reasons (like seeing the connections to the main storyline). Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 06:04, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- Originally, GTA IV was going to be released exclusively on PS3 first (just like older GTAs were released on PS2 first). However Sony were being awkward and refusing to pay, so they lost the exclusivity and it was released on Xbox 360 at the same time. I believe that these discussions also related to the DLC, so after Sony rejected it, Rockstar went to Microsoft and made the DLC exclusively for Xbox 360. The last I heard was that this was ONLY going to be for the xbox, however that doesn't mean that sometime in the future they may be released for the PS3 and PC. I don't think they would make 2 more DLCs just for the PS3, that would be very backwards of them. Gboyers talk 15:09, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- Xbox 360 is chipping away at the PS3 here and there i can but can't see TLAD for PS3 or even the PC Xbox 360 is getting the DLC's--Roman bellic 01:53, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
- I wouldn't care if it were different DLCs or the same ones. I like all characters, so that doesn't matter. But if PS3 was to get new DLC, I would like to have Gordon Sargent. He seems to have such story, and I want to know more about what was revealed in Team Mafiya Work, that Gordon did a favor for Petrovic. Or one of Petrovic's goons, or an Italian. --Master Sima Yi 3 May 2009
- What R* could do is, after the second DLC release, they could release both of them on disk. This would not (or at least should not) breach the contract for downloadable content as it will be a game in its own right, just as though if Liberty City Stories was a DLC of GTA 3 and was put onto a new disk but featured the same place. That's what I'm hoping they will do, as well as ones exclusive to the PS3. I also agree that the new cars/weapons should appear in the main game as well, something R* could look into for the next one... --LuisFernandoLopez 09:26, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
- Whoa! I didn't even notice that loophole. But I don't R* would do that unless Sony started nagging them about it.
I don't think Rockstar are as much for exclusivity as Bungie or Epic games, and most likely the only reason they released the DLC exclusive for Xbox was because Microsoft gave them a better deal or something, but I am sure that at some point the DLC will come out for PS3, but they have already given the PS3 exclusive content with Red Dead Redemption, probably to make up for the 360, and I also doubt that they would be able to come up with anymore DLC for GTA IV as all the mysteries and people that were only mission helpers (Johnny Klebitz) or random people with assault rifles (Luis Lopez) and why they were there at the times they were there are all resolved, and those two DLCs were meant to be released after the game to tie off those loose ends, but, does anyone else think they are about to start working on another game?
GTA IV was going to be PS3 exclusive, but Microsoft paid them $75million to bring it 360 as well. Then they paid $50million for the two episodes to be timed exclusives. Sony were not being awkward, they didn't reject anything, they just were not willing to bribe Rockstar for exclusivity or the the two DLC's which they got in the end anyway. NT92 15:38, October 4, 2010 (UTC)