|Full Name||Joey Leone|
|Place of Birth||Liberty City|
|Home||Trenton, Portland, Liberty City|
Salvatore Leone (father)|
Maria Latore (step mother)
Uncle Leone (great uncle)
|Voiced by||Michael Rapaport|
Joey Leone is a character in the 3D Universe who appears as a supporting character in Grand Theft Auto III (set in 2001). He is also mentioned in The Introduction (set in 1992), a prequel to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. He is the son of the Don of the Leone Family, Salvatore Leone and owns his own business, Joey's Garage. He is voiced by Michael Rapaport, who has starred in such television programs as Prison Break and Boston Public.
Joey Leone was born in Liberty City and grew up around his father, who in the late 1980s became the Don of the Leone Family. He, however, had no ambitions of becoming a made man in the family, deciding to concentrate on small time crime. In between 1987 and 1992 he employed Carl Johnson to steal cars for his garage, which he had established in the Trenton district of Portland, Liberty City. He eventually loses the services of Johnson who returns to Los Santos for the funeral of his mother, although he continues with his work as a mechanic. His business continues to be successful throughout the 1990s, appearing again in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, set in 1998. His father, however, does not appear to be pleased with his son, claiming in 1998 that Toni Cipriani, who was promoted as Capo, to be like a son and that Joey wasn't as involved in the family.
In 2001 he is introduced to Claude who drives his favourite prostitute, Misty, to his garage from Luigi's Sex Club 7. Joey then begins to employ Claude, initially having him murder Mike Forelli, a prominent member of the rival Forelli Family, and "Chunky" Lee Chong, a Triad selling the drug SPANK through a noodle stand. Joey continues to employ Claude, having him steal a Securicar, chauffeur Leone Family Capo Toni Cipriani, dispose of the body of a deceased Forelli Family mobster and act as a getaway driver in a bank heist. Joey meets Claude again when Claude drives Joey, Toni and Luigi to Salvatore's Gentlemen's Club. Joey also has a long standing rivalry with the Forelli Family, having reportedly killed a number of the Forelli mobsters.
Claude continues to work with the Leone Family until a paranoid Salvatore decides to try and kill Claude, resulting in Claude and Maria Latore fleeing to Staunton Island. Claude was then charged with killing Salvatore by Asuka Kasen, co-leader of the Yakuza, who was looking to employ Claude. Claude carried out his orders, killing Joey's father. It is unknown who succeeded Salvatore as Don of the Leone Family.
- Early concept art from the Rockstar North website label Joey as "Joey Corvino", which may have been an early name for the Leone Family.
- The only time Joey and his father are seen interacting in person is the GTA III mission Salvatore's Called a Meeting, where Salvatore berates him for not yet finding a wife.
- GTA III
- Drive Misty For Me
- Mike Lips Last Lunch (Boss)
- Farewell "Chunky" Lee Chong (Boss)
- Van Heist (Boss)
- Cipriani's Chauffeur (Boss)
- Dead Skunk in the Trunk (Boss)
- The Getaway (Boss)
- Salvatore's Called A Meeting
- Mike "Lips" Forelli (has Claude kill him with a car bomb for not paying a debt)
- "Chunky" Lee Chong (has Claude kill him for selling SPANK out of his noodle stand)
- Unnamed Forelli mobster (killed by Joey for unspecified reasons, has Claude dispose of the body)