Tony and Luis follow Patrick McReary.
|Game||The Ballad of Gay Tony|
|Fail||Destroying the Helicopter|
You meet Tony who tells you that Gracie has been kidnapped by some Irish goons and some guy who came to look at her Pink Feltzer. Her father believes that Tony is to blame for this so Tony insists that they go look for her. Then, go the Helipad and use the Ancelotti's helicopter to look for her. Tony tells the location of the last known location of the kidnapper and you have to follow him to her location. You find out where she is kept and Tony tells Don Ancelotti her location, who sends out thugs to get her back at the start of She's a Keeper.
This mission is quite easy. Get to the Alderney-side Booth Tunnel Helipad, pick up the chopper and fly to Meadows Park back in Dukes. You'll see the kidnapper (which is Packie McReary) getting in a red Comet. Follow him to where Gracie is, and keep a low altitude. The kidnapper will go to Charge Island, getting to Algonquin and will circle Middle Park, then he will put down the pedal on Columbus Avenue to the skyscrapers of Star Junction making it quite difficult to have a low altitude. He'll then go through the Booth Tunnel. He has 2 exits, so go back to the Helipad where you picked up the chopper. In Alderney, the kidnapper will stop in a large car park, forcing you to stop and wait. He will then go the Safehouse where Gracie is. While Tony is texting Gracie's father get back to the Helipad.
|Time||Time taken to complete the mission.||0:08:55|
|Helicopter Damage||Damage attained by the helicopter.||0%|
|Close Pursuit||Stay close to Patrick's Comet.||-|
|Low Fly||Stay low, but at a reasonable altitude above Patrick's Comet.||-|
- It is very easy to overshoot the car, alerting him to your presence. At the same time, care must be taken when hovering otherwise there's a chance of crashing into the ground or a building. Fortunately the vehicle's red coloring makes it easy to spot from a distance. A risk in the "canyons" of Algonquin is fishtailing the chopper and losing control of it. Depending on one's skill flying, going into first person mode might be a benefit. Also, the route of the car is scripted and does not change, so it's easy to memorize his route.
- After Packie drives into the parkade, a white car will come out. This is a red herring; do not follow it or you'll lose the red car. Tony will actually spot the red car exiting the parkade and alert Luis to it, even if you've started flying after the white car, though if you get more can a couple blocks from the parkade, you'll lose Packie.
- There is a typo in the subtitles when you are going back to the helipad. Luis will say "a fucking shame" while the subtitles read "fucking a shame".
- Before coming straight to Gracie, Packie stops in the parking lot in Westdyke. He probably left the bomb for Niko in there, because it's one of possible locations.
- If you get too close, Tony will say "Don't spook him, Luis!" to which Luis may reply: "Yeah, because a paranoid man always looks for a helicopter over his shoulder." This may be a reference to Phil Bell from the main story. Phil is very paranoid and whenever he meets Niko, he will make sure he wasn't followed by anyone, and that there were no surveillance helicopters overhead. The reference to spooking may also refer to the various tailing missions in the GTA games where the player is admonished not to get too close and "spook" the target. In the case of this mission, it's harder to spook the target due to the fact getting close enough to the target to alert him likely means crashing the chopper.