Rear quarter view)|
A Lokus in GTA IV.
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
The Lokus resembles a second generation Lexus GS, with headlights resembling those of the 2004–present Mercedes-Benz CLS, and a split grille design reminiscent of some Nissan models. The taillights resemble those of the BMW E46 3-Series, and the vehicle has all-round compact luxury feel.
The Lokus is powered by what feels like a low-revving V6, coupled to a 5 speed gearbox in a RWD configuration. Acceleration could be described as "leisurely" — the Lokus takes upwards of 7.4 seconds to reach 60 mph (97 km/h). Its top speed, 174 mph (280 km/h), is similarly disappointing, as it is the second-slowest four-door sedan in the game (The Karin Dilettante being the slowest). Needless to say, it is unfit for racing. Handling is unresponsive and suspension is much too firm, resulting in a surprising amount of understeer. Braking is well below average, although ABS is available. Crash deformation is average to below average, and build quality is quite shoddy; the Lokus cannot sustain much damage before becoming unusable. Overall, the car is fit only for unhurried street driving.
- Lokus is a German word for "toilet".
- Lokus is also a homonym of a Quebec Super Car, the HTT Locus Pléthore. However, there is apparently no link between the Lokus and the Locus.
- Its name evokes that of Lexus, the luxury car division of Toyota; the Lokus is chiefly designed after the Lexus GS.
- "Lokus" may also be a corruption of "locust".
- "Lokus" could even be a play on British sports car manufacturer Lotus.
- On the back end of the Lokus, Emperor is misspelled as Emporer.
- The default radio station in the Lokus is Vladivostok FM.
- The Lokus is a difficult vehicle to find, but may be seen in Meadow Hills, Dukes, Northern Gardens, Bohan, and Downtown Algonquin, Liberty City. It makes appearances in two missions in the story.
- Spawn in traffic in multiplayer.
In "Meltdown", Niko is told by Ray Boccino to retrieve some diamonds from Luca Silvestri and his fellow turncoats. Luca and crew are in Castle Gardens City, parked in a white Lokus. After exchanging words, Luca speeds off, leading Niko in a car chase that ends in Middle Park, where Luca crashes.
The Lokus is also central to "Entourage"; in which Niko must escort Bobby Jefferson to City Hall to make a speech while in a convoy of 3 Lokuses. Mr. Jefferson's personal Lokus is a unique shade of blue/black, unavailable via respraying.