- This page is about false rumours. For removed features, see Beta Releases.
Throughout the history of the Grand Theft Auto series there have been a lot of rumors that have turned out to be false. Whilst some of these may have been features from Beta Releases that were removed before the final version, most have been made-up by fans.
- The player is able to rape women in the games.
- There was a game going to be released called "Grand Theft Auto: Harbor City"
- Carcer City is accessible through a secret tunnel in Shoreside Vale.
- There is a secret unlockable car called the "Spyhunter" which looks like a Stinger but with guns on top of it.
GTA Vice City
- In the Apartment 3C the player can see a man getting killed by another man with a Chainsaw.
- Aliens can be seen in the game.
GTA San Andreas
- There are mythical creatures in the game like Leatherface, Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, etc.
- There is an SR-47 behind Ryder's House.
- Ryder is cousins with Easy-E in-game.
- There is a secret gym in San Fierro where the player can learn Mano Mano.
- Beverly Johnson's ghost can be seen in CJ's house.
- Hot Coffee is accessible without GameShark or modding.
GTA Liberty City Stories
- The Dodo can be found at the airport next to the helipad without using any trainers or mods.
GTA Vice City Stories
- The Domestobot can be found on the top of a building which is near the hospital in Downtown at 9:00pm.
- Voices can be heard at the Sprunk factory in Alderney.(Note: This turned out to be the voice of a bodyguard in Honkers Gentlemen's Club, which is nearby the factory).
- There is supposedly a half-man/half-rat in train station who is faster than the NRG 900 and can kill the protagonist and eat him.
- Grand Theft Auto IV was going to be released for Nintendo Wii.
GTA Chinatown Wars
- A Rhino that had amphibious capabilities called the "Sea Dragon" was in the game.