Saint Mark's Bistro
- This article is about a mission in GTA San Andreas. For the bistro in Saint Mark's, which the mission also bases itself on, see Marco's Bistro.
|Saint Mark's Bistro|
Salvatore Leone asking Carl Johnson to do a hit on St. Mark's Bistro
|Game||GTA San Andreas|
|Target||Un-named Forelli Family mobster|
|Location||The Strip, Las Venturas.|
A Home in the Hills|
Breaking the Bank at Caligula's
Saint Mark's Bistro is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by Leone Family Don Salvatore Leone from the office at Caligula's Palace, a casino located along The Strip in Las Venturas, San Andreas.
Salvatore, impressed with CJ's handling of the incoming Forelli soldatos sent to assassinate him, gives Carl one last mission. He must perform a hit on a leading Forelli Family gang member and wipe out Forelli operations at Marco's Bistro in Liberty City. Carl agrees to the mission, wanting to take Kent Paul, Maccer and Ken Rosenberg as his backup. In truth, he's staging Ken's getaway and flies solo from Las Venturas Airport to Liberty City, where he slaughters everyone in the building. He then flies back to Las Venturas, ending his association with Salvatore.
Salvatore Leone: Just feel the weight of the weapon, sweetheart.
Maria Latore: I can feel the weight of someone's weapon!
Salvatore Leone: Well, you're the one to blame on that front.
Maccer: Can I fucking go now or fucking what?
(Salvatore throws the knife at Maccer and hits him right below the balls.)
Maccer: Oooh! You fucking twat, right in the fucking happy sack!
Kent Paul: Perhaps you'll be cured of your little anti-social condition, mate.
(Carl Johnson enters.)
Salvatore Leone: Carl, my man!
Carl Johnson: Mr. Leone.
Salvatore Leone: Looks like this piece of shit was right. You did a real number on those Forelli losers. Now it's time the Forellis found out what it means to screw with Salvatore Leone! How would you like to hit the St. Mark's Bistro?
Carl Johnson: A hit in Liberty City? Cool, but I'm gonna need some back-up.
Salvatore Leone: Take who you want.
(Carl points at Kent Paul and Maccer.)
Carl Johnson: Well, I usually I use these two.
Ken Rosenberg: Heh-hey. Remember all those jobs we did together, huh? Huh? You and me, Carl, remember, huh? You know, you used to call me 'Killer' Ken? Ken the Killer? Killer? Ice Cold Ken... that's me.
Carl Johnson: And him too, I guess...
(Carl, Ken, Maccer and Kent Paul leave Caligula's Palace)
Carl Johnson: Alright, you guys better get out of Las Venturas, fast! I'll be in touch.
Maccer: What about your back-up, man, will you be alright without us?
Ken Rosenberg: Of course he will you fucking moron, come on!
Forelli Guard: Private function, invitation only!
Carl Johnson: Oh yeah? Well, Mr. Leone says otherwise!
(Carl kills all the Forellis in Marco's Bistro and then heads back to Las Venturas in Salvatore's Jet.)
Carl Johnson: This is flight CJ 101 out of Liberty City, requesting final approach to Las Venturas International, over.
Air Traffic Control: Flight CJ 101, you are clear for landing on Runway 3, over.
The reward for completing the mission is $20,000 and increased respect. The mission A Home in the Hills is unlocked by completing the mission. The clothing store Didier Sachs in Rodeo, Los Santos also becomes accessible after completing the mission.
- Using cheats to jump over the brick wall allows the player to explore parts of a poorly detailed Portland, however, the ground is not always solid, and only parts of the city are viewable.
- The Jetpack cheat cannot be used to fly away from the mission, as there is an invisible ceiling preventing the Jetpack from gaining height. A Gameshark or Action Replay cheats device however can allow the Jetpack to ascend.
- Deleted audio for the game reveals that Rockstar Games had intended for the high ranking Forelli Family gang member to be called Marco Forelli. However, as the audio was not used, the character remains un-named.
- Liberty City is technically an interior, found in the interior world, despite having an exterior look. It is located next to CJ's garage in San Fierro.
- During the mission, a car can be seen in the yard behind the bistro; it has a unique license plate reading "4GEDIT" ("forget it"), a message to the player to forget about exploring Liberty City.
- If the player destroys the Sentinel in the courtyard, then only the trunk and hood will fall off, and all the four doors will stay on, hinting that the car is locked when the player wants to enter it.
- The area behind the Bistro in Grand Theft Auto III and GTA Liberty City Stories is just empty space.
- This mission originally had the Forelli mobster escape by car, which would lead CJ into a car chase around Portland. The mission was changed to a basic shootout early in development. This is the reason why the majority of Portand is only partially developed, with low textures.
- The music heard inside the restaurant is Tchaikovsky's Serenade for Strings.
- In relation to Liberty City's location on the east coast with San Andreas, which is located on the west coast, it would take approximately 9-10 hours to fly between them.
- Although this mission primarily takes place in Liberty City, the radio station that the player was last listening to can oddly be heard on the taxi while pulling up to the bistro. This is impossible as a radio on the east coast cannot pick up the signals of west coast radio stations - especially without the use of a satellite radio in 1992.
- Occasionally, the Taxi CJ is riding can run over a pedestrian (see below).
- Strangely, when you exit the Shamal after leaving Liberty City (which ends up falling into the water), a Trip Skip can be activated, teleporting the player back to Caligula's Casino.
CJ arrives at Marco's Bistro in Liberty City.
|PC Version - GTASeriesVideos|