The Many Wives of Alfredo Smith
The Many Wives of Alfredo Smith is a film in the HD Universe that was released in 1975. The film was directed by Peter Dreyfuss and stars Rita Prince with Frank O'Neill, Darren Meyer, Bill Kennedy, Diana Holloway and Peter Bernstein also being credited on the films poster among others.
"How many times have you been married, Alfredo?"
"Three, but always to the same woman."
Bell-bottoms, intrigue and a neo-noir soundtrack that never lets go. A murder mystery wrapped in a love story wrapped in a Cold War conspiracy. When blues saxophonist and good-time guy Johnny Dupres is found drowned on a water bed at a Los Santos party, questions get asked. Murder? Overdose? A sex game gone wrong? A stupid idea for bedding? Charismatic, acerbic Alfredo Smith is a failed stock car driver tortured by over-sentimentality and uncontrollable rage, but he's determined to find out the truth about Johnny's death. Alfredo sets off on an obsessive journey of romance and betrayal that inexplicably requires lots of stock car chases and shooting out the window at high speed.
- michaelds (9/10): This is how movies should be. A plot so tangled that you still don't have clue what's going on even after watching it fives time. Not the dumbed down sickly sweet trash Vinewood pumps out these days.
- dogbone91 (5/10): Does there really need to be a cliffhanger in EVERY SCENE?
- sloppopx (4/10): Name a movie in the 1970s where someone isn't working for the Russians.
- eileendover33 (8/10): Ah, the good old days when protagonists didn't have to be likeable.
- ballzoutboy (6/10): This movie makes me want to get messed up on ludes.
- zipkipper (5/10): Alfredo was bipolar before the word even existed.
- tunaspooner (3/10): Hard to imagine why she married him once let alone three times.
- petitmort14 (7/10): Worth watching just for maureen's tits.
- Leonora Johnson was to star in the film but was found murdered at the beginning of January 1975 with Franklin Clinton discovering that she had been killed by Peter Dreyfuss, the films director.