| This is the talk page for User:Kronos890989. Please leave a message.
Always sign off your messages using four tildes (~~~~ ) to automatically add your signature.
This is my talk, feel free to leave me a message.
Just Cause Wiki
I've managed to get a test version of the site working at http://justcause.grandtheftwiki.com
- This uses GTW usernames and passwords, and being logged in on one will log you into the other (like Wikia)
- Only you and me have staff access there. You can promote users to admin, but make sure you know who they are - as not every user will have the same username as they did on Wikia.
- All pages have been copied from Wikia, including user pages and file pages, but NOT the actual users and images.
- Like GTW, no user accounts have been copied from Wikia. People will need to follow the instructions as per GTW.
- At first. the only edits which count for users will be ones they make after they create their account. If a user wants to regain their full edit count, I can run a script to do this.
- Users are advised to make a new account with the SAME username. If they wish to change their username, it needs to go through me. I will not do this for many users, only a handful, as it requires me manually changing the record for all their historical edits.
- Most images have NOT been copied across. You will need to do this yourself using jc:Special:Import
- One other problem is with the <gallery> tag - you need to add File: to the start of every image name, unlike on Wikia. Sorry, but that has to be done manually.
- This uses the SAME codebase and the SAME extensions as GTW. If you want different extensions, that has to go through me.
- No, you can't have FTP access
- You can use interwiki links to get to and from GTW, like gtw:Pagename and jc:Pagename
- The domain name is temporary. If you want a proper one, someone's going to have to pay $10 for it.
- Don't break it. If there are any problems, or you are unsure, ask me!
Enjoy - Gboyers 00:25, 10 November 2010 (UTC)
Just wanted to point out that I'm here too now. --GMRE 20:12, 10 November 2010 (UTC)
The engine has fuel and the wheels are greesed but the train has no name.
I've been contemplating on how to raise enough money for the domain name, the wiki size is too small to hold a fundraiser, and i'm quite sure you(Gboyers) and your wiki's users don't want to pay.
I want to donate but i don't use credit cards...
This is quite a boggle.
Either than that everything is running good, but i have noticed some of the editing text doesnt work here, what is that?
This is what i mean <mainpage-endcolumn /> <mainpage-rightcolumn-start /> 300px
<bloglist summary="true" summarylength=200 timestamp="true" count=3> <title>Blogs</title> <type>bloglist</type> <order>date</order> <category>Blog posts</category> </bloglist>
thats on the JC2 portal page, ideas?
For the logo, do i just upload it as wiki.png?
Also how do i edit the background? is it the same as wikia? --Kronos890989 21:47, 10 November 2010 (UTC)