Events concerning the Grand Theft Auto series in 2013:
Grand Theft Auto V Era
- Grand Theft Auto V was released on 17th September for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. A PC version has not yet been confirmed.
- As GTA V is said to occur in modern day Los Santos, This would also put the game's setting in 2013.
- Grand Theft Auto Online was released on 1st October for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
- GTA O is said to occur in Los Santos, prior to the events of GTA V.
- Mock police records on the Grand Theft Auto 2 website are dated between 10/07/13 and 03/11/13. This, along with the game's futuristic setting led some fans to believe that the game takes place in 2013. However, the game's manual uses the phrase "three weeks into the future", and the website's clock is always set three weeks ahead of the current time - this puts forward the idea that the game takes place in an unspecific time and place, fitting with the game's setting of "Anywhere, USA". On top of this, radio host Johnny Riccaro mentions in the game that "the millennium's coming," which would set the game shortly before 2000.