- "Blista" also refers to a compact city car in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars which resembles the Blista Compact hatchback. The GTA Chinatown Wars Blista is covered under the Blista Compact article.
Rear quarter view)|
A Blista in GTA III.
GTA Liberty City Stories]]
|Vehicle type||Civilian van|
|Body style||4-door minivan|
:''"Blista" also refers to a compact city car in [[Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars]] which resembles the [[Blista Compact]] hatchback. The GTA Chinatown Wars Blista is covered under the Blista Compact article.''
| name = Blista
| front_image = Blista-GTA3-front.jpg
| image_size = 300
| caption = A Blista in GTA III
| rear_image = Blista-GTA3-rear.jpg
| manufacturer =
| vehicle_type = Civilian [[:Category:Vans|van]]
| body_style = 4-door minivan
| capacity = 4
| appearances = [[Grand Theft Auto III|GTA III]]
The Blista resembles a third generation Dodge Caravan in appearance, depicted as a modern minivan in contrast to the older Moonbeam. Despite the Blista's minivan design, it can only accommodate three passengers and one driver, the same as any four-door vehicle. Its name, rather unpleasantly, sounds like a portmanteau of the words "blister" and possibly "Honda" (probably referring to the Honda Odyssey, even though it has a closer resemblance to the Dodge Caravan).
During development of GTA III, the Blista was originally known as the "Space".
The Blista is considerably faster and more agile than its size and appearance would suggest. It is driven by a powerful engine, possibly a six-cylinder, channeled to the front wheels. This leads to a degree of understeer at higher speeds, but less than one would expect for a vehicle of its size. Remarkably, its handling statistics are very similar to the Kuruma and Taxi, two small, agile compact sedans.
- Liberty City Memorial Stadium parking area in Belleville Park, Staunton Island.
- Asuka Kasen's Condo in Newport, Staunton Island.
- Garage behind a high rise apartment in Newport, Staunton Island. Where you did the mission Silence The Sneak
- AMCo. Petroleum Company headquarters in Torrington, Staunton Island.
- Francis International Airport parking area in Shoreside Vale.
- Apartment parking area in Wichita Gardens, Shoreside Vale.
GTA Liberty City Stories
- Liberty City Memorial Stadium Parking Area in Belleville Park, Staunton Island, Liberty City
- Apartment parking area in Wichita Gardens, Shoreside Vale, Liberty City
- Spawns frequently in Newport, Rockford, Fort Staunton and Cedar Grove
- The Blista does not spawn on Portland Island, except through Firefighter or Vigilante missions.
- Due to what may be a coding error, the Blista cannot be picked up by the crusher in GTA III; the game responds with “Crane cannot lift this vehicle.”, despite the crane having no trouble lifting a Coach into the crusher. In GTA Liberty City Stories, the Blista is able to be crushed, although the crane cannot pick up larger vehicles.
- A vehicle resembling the Blista can be found in Rockstar North's Manhunt 2.
- In Croatian, “Blista” is translated as “It's shining”.
- Blista Compact, a hatchback featured in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories and Grand Theft Auto IV (where it is manufactured by Dinka). This vehicle is similar (and superior) to the Blista in its handling capabilities.
- The Vapid Minivan, a car that resembles the Dodge Caravan in Grand Theft Auto IV, fills for the absence of the Blista van.