Clothing in GTA IV
The shopping experience has changed from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas -- rather than outfits loading from the changing rooms, the player approaches clothes-racks or shelves to try on the various articles of clothing. Already-purchased clothes can be rebought for immediacy's sake (ie, you won't have to go back to a safehouse to don the item). There are also extra clothes you'll use to complete missions, which cannot be purchased; these stay in your wardrobe after their respective missions are completed.
There are no gloves in GTA IV, despite their appearance in official videos and screenshots. An unofficial texture mod for the PC version of the game can add fingerless gloves.
Clothing has no influence on gameplay outside of comments from girlfriends; unlike in previous GTAs, changing clothes does not lower your wanted level.
There are three clothing retailers in GTA IV:
- Russian Shop: opened after the mission Three's a Crowd. Located in Hove Beach, the Russian shop sells cheap 'street' clothing, in styles popular in post-Soviet countries. Hats and glasses/sunglasses are only available from this shop.
- Modo: opened when Algonquin is unlocked. There is one location for this store, in East Holland. Modo sell casual and sporting clothes.
- Perseus: opened when Algonquin is unlocked. There are two locations, in Middle Park East and The Exchange. Perseus sell suits and dress clothing.
Extra outfits, unlocked after certain missions:
- Liberty Sanitation Department outfit - a green jacket, given to Niko during the mission, Taking in the Trash.
- Scrubs - a Doctor's scrub top, can be found during the mission Flatline (only available from your wardrobe afterwards if you stole this outfit during the mission; not taking it will also make the mission harder by attracting police).
- Balaclava - a black 3 hole mask, given to Niko during the mission Three Leaf Clover.
- Albanian biker jacket - a white and black jacket with the Albanian logo, given to Niko at the start of the mission I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots and Your Motorcycle.
- "Happiness Is...Land" Sweater - a navy blue sweater, found lying on the ground at the entrance to the Statue of Happiness.
- Claude's outfit - unlocked after The Holland Play, but only available with Playboy X's Penthouse. This outfit (zipped-up black jacket, green cargo pants, black-and-white crepe-soled sneakers) closely resembles the clothes worn by the protagonist Claude in Grand Theft Auto III.
gta4onlineguide.com - has pictures, prices, and descriptions for each article of clothing