Difference between revisions of "Community:Promotion/Chimpso"
m (Protected "Grand Theft Wiki:Promotion/Chimpso": Archiving ([edit=sysop] (indefinite) [move=sysop] (indefinite)))
Latest revision as of 12:52, 14 October 2010
| This is a record of a successful nomination to become Staff.
Please do not edit the nomination, questions or comments sections of this page. Discuss on the talk page if neccessary.
- Chimpso, since this was a self-nomination you are deemed to have accepted it, so please answer the questions below.
- Hi, sorry for the late reply, my internet has been troubling over the past few days. Chimpso 11:06, May 21, 2010 (UTC)
- Any user may ask a question here for the candidate to answer. Feel free to add extra questions based on their replies.
What do you think is the hardest thing for new editors to get the hang of (whether a technical skill, a policy or just the way we do things here); how would you spot they were having difficulty; and how would you help them? Maybe explain what was the hardest thing you've had to learn whilst being here? Gboyers talk 22:31, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Well technically there are two types of new users. Users who are new to wikia and users who are new to a wiki. Users who are new to a wiki would obviously have trouble with its policy and rules. For example, many new wiki users might create irrelevant pages or have problem with our title capitalization, of course this is easily pointed out to them by staff and even ordinary users, and they quickly adjust. As for users who are new to wikia, my main problems were learning how to make headings/links, how to upload pictures and the use of many other basic tools. This is something that users generally figure out by themselves after a while, so you don’t really need to tell them about it unless they really need help. Chimpso 11:06, May 21, 2010 (UTC)
Becoming staff isn't a reward for good edits, it's a job and a respoinsibility. How do you feel you could help us, and why should we promote you to become a Moderator? Gboyers talk 22:31, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, I could help in many ways. Of course, I would still act like a regular user, creating pages and adding information. But having some extra tools would really help out, especially with moving pages and changing page names (or capitalizing pages). I also enjoy helping users, if someone asks me for help, I would be happy to provide them with the information to further advance their contributions to this wiki and their knowledge of wikia. Chimpso 11:10, May 21, 2010 (UTC)
- I’m not exactly sure about this, there are a few things that I have done, for example giving all weapons appropriate categories (Melee Weapons, Assault Rifles ect.) and adding many missions to the Missions in GTA Chinatown Wars page and completing Wanted Level in GTA Chinatown Wars. I am particularly proud of helping other users though, whether or not someone notices. Chimpso 11:10, May 21, 2010 (UTC)
Could you give one example of what you think is one of the best pages on this wiki, and a brief explanation of why you chose that. It should probably be an informational article, but you could use a list or category or similar if you explain why. Gboyers talk 22:31, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Banshee is a great example of what a vehicle page should look like, with plenty of info, pictures and a tidy setting. AK-47 is also an example of a good, informatice and tidy article. Chimpso 11:10, May 21, 2010 (UTC)
- No, I do not have any questions but I have enjoyed being a part of this wiki and will stay here whether I am promoted or not. Chimpso 11:10, May 21, 2010 (UTC)
- Any user may leave a comment here, which will be considered before the decision is made.
- This user has shown great knowledge of how the wiki works and has added alot of information to the wiki without requiring cleanup. In fact, I was planning to nominate this user quite a while ago. Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 07:06, May 26, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree this nomination is long overdue, so I'm going to promote Chimpso directly to Administrator. I hope he takes the time to learn the role properly, and that he enjoys it. Gboyers talk 09:14, May 29, 2010 (UTC)
- This section is for any user to formally list whether they are in favour of this promotion or not. Simply sign your name on a bullet point, add any comments into the comments section. This is NOT a vote, but the results will be taken into consideration by the Managers. Remember, this is not whether you like the user, but whether they would be a good member of staff.
Users in support of this promotion:
Users not in support of this promotion: