Difference between revisions of "Community:Promotion/Master Sima Yi"
Latest revision as of 12:52, 14 October 2010
- Master Sima Yi, please reply with whether you accept or decline this nomination, and why. If you accept, please answer the questions below.
I decided to decline this nomination. I have already been promoted to admin on the AC wiki and am also the admin on the Saints Row wiki. It gets kind of troubling for me to also been an admin over here. -- Master Sima Yi 14:16, June 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Any user may ask a question here for the candidate to answer. Feel free to add extra questions based on their replies.
What do you think is the hardest thing for new editors to get the hang of (whether a technical skill, a policy or just the way we do things here); how would you spot they were having difficulty; and how would you help them? Maybe explain what was the hardest thing you've had to learn whilst being here? Gboyers talk 22:35, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Hmm, this is quite a difficult question. I think that the problem new editors most struggle with is how to use the wikia codes properly. You can easily tell if a user is having troubles with this if he keeps trying to fix his own problems, but ends up not having fixed the problem and possibly have created more problems. If I see something like this happen, which is a rare occassion on this wiki, I tell them how to fix the problem they are having and/or tell them to use the preview button to look if there is nothing wrong with their edit rather than immediately clicking on the 'save page' button. I had this when I was a new wikia user, though I managed to learn from my mistakes. -- Master Sima Yi 16:34, May 20, 2010 (UTC)
Becoming staff isn't a reward for good edits, it's a job and a responsibility. How do you feel you could help us, and why should we promote you to become a Moderator? Gboyers talk 22:35, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
- I am quite experienced with the way wikia works and my edits purely serve to help improve this wiki by giving only information that is given in-game rather than assumptions. If I will be given moderatorship, I will also help with moving and deleting pages when neccessary, and, when neccessary, warning or even banning members who ignore the rules of Grand Theft Wiki. It's a job that I won't be the best at and will never be, but I will try to be as good as I can be and will never abandon this responsibility, unless school will be eating my time or if I'll be on a holiday, which will never be longer as a week. -- Master Sima Yi 16:34, May 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Moderators don't actually have the rights to ban users or formally "warn" them. In fact, Administrators rarely use these functions. The best method is to help them understand why it is damaging to the wiki, and provide a good example of how they should conduct themselves. Of course this won't work on big attacks or people who are really pissed off, but it's the best way to deal with small-time spammers, vandals or those who add opinion/assumptions etc. There is no time commitment for you to be on X hours per week, just a collective responsibility amongst the whole team to lead this wiki and keep it running smoothly! Gboyers talk 22:07, May 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, I know. I should've put 'if neccessary' before 'banning'. If they ignore the warnings that are given or are indeed to aggresive to be warned, it should be taken to more extreme matters. However, I think that I have seen about 2 vandals/spammers on this wiki in the whole time that I spend here, so I don't think it will be that much of a problem. -- Master Sima Yi 05:39, May 21, 2010 (UTC)
- I have recently been working on creating and editing articles about stores/restaurants in GTA IV Era's Liberty City, since I feel that they are ignored by most members of this wiki. Which, in my personal opinion, is a shame, as the store names are perhaps the most original and quite funny things in the games. -- Master Sima Yi 16:34, May 20, 2010 (UTC)
Could you give one example of what you think is one of the best pages on this wiki, and a brief explanation of why you chose that. It should probably be an informational article, but you could use a list or category or similar if you explain why. Gboyers talk 22:35, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Some articles about the important characters of a game, such as James Pegorino, are in my opinion some of the best pages on this wiki. It shows all information that you need: a picture, the characters role in-game, some other information such as the voice-actor of the character and some trivial information. Additionally, the vehicle articles such as the Perennial also give all information that you need from it, and are the most organized pages on this whole wiki, in my opinion. -- Master Sima Yi 16:34, May 20, 2010 (UTC)
- The reason why these are such good articles in my opinion is because that there is much information known about the characters, opposed to other things like stores. The good members here write these pieces of information very organized, making for good articles. And I said that the vehicle pages are also good, so I am kind of confused as to how these could be better. -- Master Sima Yi 15:46, May 23, 2010 (UTC)
- As English isn't my first language, please tell me if I have said something weird that I translated directly from Dutch and I'll try to put it in different words. -- Master Sima Yi 16:34, May 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Any user may leave a comment here, which will be considered before the decision is made.
- I know that this user is a dedicated editor, however, from memory I cannot confirm the quality of edits. Master Sima Yi, I'm not at all suggesting that your edits are bad quality, I've just been inactive for quite a while and can't recall any of your edits. Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 07:06, May 26, 2010 (UTC)
- This section is for any user to formally list whether they are in favour of this promotion or not. Simply sign your name on a bullet point, add any comments into the comments section. This is NOT a vote, but the results will be taken into consideration by the Managers. Remember, this is not whether you like the user, but whether they would be a good member of staff.
Users in support of this promotion:
Users not in support of this promotion: