Model files in Grand Theft Auto games since GTA3 have used the .dff extension. They are just one of a number of RenderWare binary stream files, used by Rockstar North on PC, Xbox and PS2 GTAs. Various tools and scripts can be used for a variety of 3D modelling programs in order to edit or create models for use in GTA games.
Tools and Scripts
'''Model''' files in [[Grand Theft Auto]] games since [[GTA3]] have used the '''.dff''' extension. They are just one of a number of [[RenderWare]] binary stream files, used by [[Rockstar North]] on [[PC]], [[Xbox]] and [[PS2]] GTAs. Various tools and scripts can be used for a variety of 3D modelling programs in order to edit or create models for use in GTA games.
==Tools and Scripts==
* [http://www.zmodeler2.com/ ZModeler 2]
* [http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=218318 3DSMax/Gmax import/export]
* [http://hollower.game-editing.net/gta/tutorial/ Blender import/export]
* [http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=200 LightWave export]
* [http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=261624 Dextool] (2dfx export from 3DSMax)
* [http://www.steve-m.com/downloads/tools/rwanalyze/ RWAnalyze] by Steve M, may be used to obtain a detailed visualization and analyzation of the contents of RenderWare binary stream files.
* [http://www.chronetal.co.uk/gta/index.php?page=dff Original DFF format description] by KCow
* [http://www.gtaforums.com/?showtopic=128451 RW Analyze discussion thread] on GTAForums with lots of format descriptions
* [http://www.renderware.com Official RenderWare Site]