[[Image:Tampa (GTASA) (front).jpg|thumb|right|300px|A Tampa in GTA San Andreas ([[:Image:Tampa (GTASA) (front).jpg|Rear quarter view]]).]] The '''Tampa''' is a two-door compact featured in [[Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas]] and seen only in one cutscene in [[The Lost and Damned]]. It returns as a fully-drivable car in [[The Ballad of Gay Tony]]. ==GTA San Andreas== The Tampa in GTA San Andreas resembles a 1965-1969 [[wp:Chevrolet Corvair|Chevrolet Corvair]], except it isn't rear-engined and it has a grille. It has no rims, and multiple paint colors on different panels of the car, indicating it was put together with spare parts from a junkyard. It also appears to be over-scaled and in comparison to some under-scaled cars, as it looks much larger than an old compact. The Tampa is one of the gang cars used by the [[Da Nang Boys]], a gang based in [[San Fierro]]. The Tampa's performance is, at best, below average, with sluggish acceleration and mediocre top speed, as well as heavy steering and unstable cornering. === Modifications === In [[TransFender]]: *Color (allows the car to feature a single tone body color) *Hood Scoop (two varieties) *Hood Vents (two varieties) *Exhaust (three varieties) *Spoiler (three varieties) *Side Skirt *Nitro (three varieties) *Wheels (ten varieties) *Bass Boost *Hydraulics == The Lost and Damned — The Ballad of Gay Tony == In [[The Lost and Damned]], the [[Declasse]] Tampa appears in the opening cutscene in front of the Pay N' Spray. It is also featured in the BradyGames Strategy Guide for the episode. There was speculation by fans that the vehicle was available to drive outside of the cutscene, and the claims were backed up by lines in the game code which specify the handling and animations of the car. An email sent by Rockstar indicated that the car was not actually drivable in the game. It does, however, return in The Ballad of Gay Tony and is a common sight early in the game. The front of the Tampa resembles a [[wp:Dodge Dart#1970–1976|1970/1971 Dodge Dart]]; the roof and sides of the car are reminiscent of the [[wp:Chevrolet Nova#Third generation|'68-72 Chevrolet Nova]] (but with less of a fastback profile); the rear is reminiscent of a [[wp:Dodge Charger (B-body)#1968-1970|1968 Dodge Charger]]. The stripe across the back is similar to the bumblebee stripes on [[wp:Dodge|Dodge]] vehicles. Being a muscle car, its engine sound is similar to that of a [[Sabre GT]] or [[Dukes]]. It can be seen sporting one all-over color, or with a double-stripe scheme.
== Trivia ==
* In the mission [[Nines and AKs]], the player goes to do some target practice, and has to eventually shoot at a Tampa's gas tank using a [[Pistol|pistol]], making it explode, and passing the mission. It has a unique numberplate reading "FELTCH".
* Even though the car can be upgraded to an excellent state at a mod shop, it will always have crooked license plates.
* During the mission [[Yay Ka-Boom-Boom]], the player has to destroy the [[Loco Syndicate|Loco Syndicate's]] cocaine factory in [[Doherty]] with a rigged Tampa. The rigged Tampa has a unique numberplate reading "TIMEBOMB". Another modded Tampa is used in the mission [[Puncture Wounds]]. The Tampa is modded with stinger traps to burst the tires of the [[Stratum|vehicle]] needed in the mission. Although, if the Tampa is saved in a garage, it will not have the ability to drop stingers.
* The default radio station in GTA San Andreas is [[K-JAH#K-JAH Radio West|K-JAH Radio West]].
== Locations ==
;GTA San Andreas
* Can be found parked at the used car lot in [[Jefferson, Los Santos|Jefferson]], [[Los Santos]].
* Can also can be found driving in the [[Easter Basin]] and [[Garver Bridge]] region in San Fierro along with the [[Buccaneer]] and the [[Manana]], both used as the Da Nang Boys' gang cars.
;The Ballad of Gay Tony
* Can be seen in traffic in southern [[Algonquin]].
[[Category:Vehicles in GTA San Andreas]]
[[Category:Vehicles in The Lost and Damned]]
[[Category:Vehicles in The Ballad of Gay Tony]]
[[Category:2-Door Sedans and Coupes]]
Image:BettergtaTampapicture00.jpg|The Lost and Damned's Tampa in the BradyGames Guide.
Image:Tampa_lad_enhanced.jpg|A Tampa featured in the Lost and Damned's opening cutscene.
Image:Tampa (GTA4 TBOGT) (front).png|A Tampa in The Ballad of Gay Tony.
Information for "Index.html"
|Default sort key||Index.html|
|Page length (in bytes)||0|
|Page content language||en-gb - British English|
|Page content model||wikitext|
|Indexing by robots||Disallowed|
|Number of redirects to this page||0|
|Number of subpages of this page||0 (0 redirects; 0 non-redirects)|
|Create||Allow all users (infinite)|
Retrieved from ‘http://www.grandtheftwiki.com/Index.html’