History of GTA V
- 1 2009
- 2 2010
- 3 2011
- 4 2012
- 4.1 March 22, 2012
- 4.2 July 12, 2012
- 4.3 August 3, 2012
- 4.4 August 20, 2012
- 4.5 August 22, 2012
- 4.6 August 24, 2012
- 4.7 August 29, 2012
- 4.8 October 18, 2012
- 4.9 October 24, 2012
- 4.10 October 27, 2012
- 4.11 October 30, 2012
- 4.12 November 1, 2012
- 4.13 November 5, 2012
- 4.14 November 7, 2012
- 4.15 November 8, 2012
- 4.16 November 12, 2012
- 5 References
November 13, 2009
July 26, 2010
EuroGamer.net reports the rumour that the next Grand Theft Auto game will be set in Los Angeles after learning from an independent source that Rockstar Games was researching locations around Hollywood.
February 25, 2011
March 27, 2011
- Mitch Hayes - 38 yrs old - Annoying, wise cracking, highly successful FBI agent. In great shape. Does triathlons, drinks low cal beer, but still has a sense of humor.
- Miguel Gonzalez - 25 yrs old - Young Mexican American FBI agent, caught between a few mob bosses. Very clean cut.
- Clyde - 23 yrs old - Moronic, almost inbred and creepy white trash hillbilly. Very naive but in a creepy 'it's only incest sort of way'
- Brother Adam - 50 yrs old - Welsh monk, cult leader, yoga teacher, very lithe, very into exploring your personal tension through gripping massage. Needs Welsh accent.
- Mrs Avery - 48 yrs old - Neurotic soccer mom, home maker, anxious and addled on pain killers. Very angry at neighbor MRS Bell.
- Mrs Bell - 45 yrs old - Swinger, and mellow Californian divorcee. Ugly but comfortable with self.
- Eddie - 47 yrs old - Weed evangelist, guy who started smoking at 30, and is now a leading proponent of marijuana's fantastic properties. White, awkward.
- Ira Bernstein - 56 yrs old - publicist for an actress known as America's newest sweetheart who just so happens to love animals, orphans, drugs and sex. He's always trying to hide her latest indiscretion.
- Kevin De Silva - 18 yrs old - Albert's fat, FPS playing gamer son. Smokes a lot of weed, has anxiety issues and a card for a bad back, very soft, very opinionated. Into making racist comments while playing online.
- Harut Vartanyan - 42-52 yrs old - Armenian car dealer, moneylender, would be Fagin and would be bully. Heavily connected to the underworld, but irritates people so much no one likes him.
- Nervous Jerry - 48 yrs old - paranoiac living in the sticks, near Simon, completely paranoid, and terrified of Simon.
- Calvin North - 55 yrs old - clapped out FBI agent who now mostly works offering advice on TV shows - whose only claim to fame turns out to be entirely false - but a decent guy in other ways. Badly dressed. Divorced. Putting on weight.
- Jerry Cole - 53 yrs old - disabled IT expert and criminal information vendor.
- Rich Roberts - 35 yrs old - English hardman actor, who acts tough but who wants to do serious work - the only problem is he can't quite read the words.
- Alex - 52 yrs old - white, loosie goosie hippy rich guy who has lost his money and is getting desperate but trying not to.
- Scarlet - 45-52 yrs old - unshaven female spiritualist and hippy with a love of exploring the wilderness. Very into journeys.
- Chad - 29 yrs old - pretty boy misogynist Beverly Hills party boy. Made money, but not as cool as he thinks he is.
- Tae Wong - 39 yrs old - somewhat incompetent Chinese mobster, loves doing ecstasy, going to raves.
- Taes Translator - 45 yrs old - VERY STRAIGHT LACED Chinese translator, terrified of his boss's dad. Male, awkward. Needs to speak Chinese.
October 25, 2011
Rockstar Games officially announce Grand Theft Auto V. The announcement included the tweet: "#GTAV rockstargames.com" on the official Rockstar Games Twitter feed. The company also announced that the first official trailer for GTA V would be released the following week.
November 2, 2011
November 3, 2011
We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development. Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created. A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.
March 22, 2012
"The beauty of this system is that crews persist over time and across future games. Multiplayer is an ever-more important part of all our games moving forward. And by creating crews through Social Club, the crews that you create in Max Payne 3 will be ready and available for you to play in Grand Theft Auto V from day one. It's all part of our larger approach to make multiplayer deeper and richer than what's currently available, much more easily accessible to the newcomer and rewarding for the hardcore."
July 12, 2012
August 3, 2012
August 20, 2012
August 22, 2012
August 24, 2012
August 29, 2012
Rockstar Games confirms that Grand Theft Auto IV, The Lost and Damned, The Ballad of Gay Tony and Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars are in the same universe as Grand Theft Auto V by confirming the existence of three universes.
El Burro is referenced as he was also referenced in GTA 1, so it felt appropriate that he should cross "universes" - the "universes" are the worlds interpreted at different definitions, 2d, 3d and high definition, so we felt brands and radio / back ground characters would exist in both, but 3 dimensional characters would not. This is the logic (as far as it could be considered logical) behind it - so no, we don't believe any GTA3 characters could exist in the GTA4 universe.
October 18, 2012
October 24, 2012
October 27, 2012
A retail store promotional poster for Grand Theft Auto V was leaked to the internet revealing the release date for GTA V as Spring 2013 with the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 revealed to be carrying the game.
October 30, 2012
Today, we're proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto V is expected to launch worldwide spring 2013 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V takes place in a re-imagined, present-day Southern California in the largest and most thriving game-world we have ever created set in the sprawling city of Los Santos and for miles beyond – from the tops of the mountains to the depths of the ocean.
Starting next week November 5, 2012, Grand Theft Auto V will become available for pre-order everywhere and fans can expect a host of new information to become available in November.
November 1, 2012
Game Informer release two high resolution game arts for Grand Theft Auto V and photographs of promotional material given to retailers are leaked to the internet. Five in-game locations were revealed with one of items, a Los Santos Photo Viewer: Vespucci Canals, Vinewood Hills, Del Perro Pier, Grapeseed and the Zancudo River. Rockstar Games also delay the second GTA V trailer after their New York offices lose power because of Hurricane Sandy. There had been no previous announcement regarding the trailer's release date.
November 5, 2012
Grand Theft Auto V is officially available to pre-order across the world. Rockstar Games also confirms the second GTA V trailer will be released on November 14, 2012. Rockstar Games also released altered versions of the two game artworks released on November 1, 2012.
November 7, 2012
November 8, 2012
Game Informer release their preview of Grand Theft Auto V, the games first. Twenty-eight new screenshots, a game art and new information are released in the preview. GTA V is revealed to have three protagonists (Franklin, Michael and Trevor) all of whom have their own storyline and set skills. Gamers will also be able to switch between protagonists except during certain missions. GTA V will feature a larger number of vehicles than in any previous Grand Theft Auto game. GTA V is also confirmed to be larger than Liberty City & Alderney (Grand Theft Auto IV), San Andreas (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas) and New Austin, West Elizabeth & Nuevo Paradiso (Red Dead Redemption) combined, including a mountain, wine country, the ocean floor, a rural area and a military base. For the other details revealed click here.
November 12, 2012
A number of online previews for Grand Theft Auto V appear online. Those with previews include: IGN, The Guardian, InsideGamer.nl, Gamer.nl, MeriStation.com, GamesAktuell.de, JeuxActu.com, multiplayer.it and Spiegel Online. A number of new screenshots were also released during the previews.
- The driving force behind Grand Theft Auto. Times Online.
- Rockstar definitely researching Hollywood. Robert Purchese on EuroGamer.net.
- Supererogatory's Twitter feed.
- GRAND THEFT AUTO V Official Announcement. R* Q.
- Max Payne 3: Rockstar's Multiplayer Reinvention. Daniel Krupa and IGN.
- Epsilon Program's Twitter feed. Rockstar Games.
- Grand Theft Auto III: Your Questions Answered – Part One (Claude, Darkel & Other Characters). R* Q.
- Grand Theft Auto V Is Coming Spring 2013. R* Q.
- Grand Theft Auto V Trailer #2 Coming Next Week, Wed Nov 14. R* Q.
- Grand Theft Auto V: Reinventing the Open-World Rulebook. Alex Simmons.
- Grand Theft Auto V preview: the inside story. Keith Stuart.
- GTA 5 Preview. Simon Zijlemans.
- Grand Theft Auto V. Simon Zijlemans.
- Grand Theft Auto V, Impresiones. Nacho Ortiz.
- GTA 5 in der großen Vorschau mit neuen Screenshots: Rockstar-Epos erstmals erlebt [Artikel des Monats November 2012]. David Martin.
- GTA 5 : ON A VU UNE HEURE DE GAMEPLAY CHEZ ROCKSTAR À NEW YORK !. Maxime Chao.
- Chi fa da sé fa per tre. Pierpaolo Greco.
- Exklusiver erster Blick: So wird "Grand Theft Auto V". Christian Stöcker.