[[Appearance::Grand Theft Auto IV (unseen)|
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars]]
|Full Name||Huang Lee|
|Date of Birth||[[Error: Invalid time.|1983 (age 25-26)]]|
|Place of Birth||Kowloon, Hong Kong|
Mr. Lee (father) |
Wu Lee (uncle)
|image = HuangLee-Artwork.jpg
|size = 200px
|games = [[Grand Theft Auto IV]] (unseen)
A spoiled rich kid from Hong Kong, Huang owes his status as a Triad member to his father, a Triad boss from Kowloon. After the murder of his father, his uncle, Wu Lee to deliver a family ‘heirloom, the Yu Jian Sword, to secure his family’s claim to the leadership of the Triad gangs, calls Huang to Liberty City. However, what was supposed to be a weekend of table service and strippers turns into a dangerous adventure after arriving at Francis International Airport only to be hijacked, robbed of his sword, and left for dead. Huang will have to dig deep into the rotten core of Liberty City - and deep within himself -- to avenge his father's murder and reclaim his family's honor.
Throughout the course of the game Huang is been shown to be very cocky and quick-witted. He appears to much more intelligent then other characters in the game. For example, Chan Jaoming is oblivious to Huang's constant mocking and sarcastic remarks.
Huang does not value honour and tradition in the same vein as his Uncle, claiming that "this is 2009 not 1403." However, he is very loyal to his family and his gang, following their orders with little hesitation. Huang acknowledges the fact that he is a "pampered little snot" in the opening cutscene, and he reveals that he has visited Liberty City before where he "caught crabs from a Swiss tourist."
He seems to dislike the characters he gets missions from, with the exception of Rudy D'Avanzo, who was been given respect by Huang, before he was killed. He also shows the occasional respect for his Uncle Wu Lee, and after a few missions from him, his boss, Hsin Jaoming.
Appearance in GTA IV
Huang has a record on the LCPD Database in Grand Theft Auto IV. It states that he is a 25 year-old Chinese native and known associate of Wu "Kenny" Lee's Liberty City Triad Gang. His record also states that he is been believed to be working freelance for other organizations in addition to his uncle's.
Huang had been arrested twice prior to the events of Chinatown Wars. Once in 2002, for trademark counterfeiting and again in 2005, for grand theft auto.
Heinous crimes committed by Huang
- The bombing of a store protected by the Spanish Lords.
- Accompanying the murder of a patient under police protection.
- The robbery of The Bank of Liberty.
- Drug dealing overseas.
- Assassination of an informant who sold out Chan.
- Searching for Zhou Ming's contraband scattered all over the river.
- Bombing Happiness Island
- The bombing of the Monoglobe.
The correct pronunciation for the name Huang is Hoo-ong. People mistakenly pronounce the name Hoo-ang, which is incorrect. Huang commonly translates to yellow but can be translated to anything that uses the same pronunciation.
Another area of confusion is the mixed use of Mandarin and Cantonese spellings in his name. Huang Lee hails from Hong Kong, where the Cantonese dialect is more commonly used, but "Huang" is written in a Romanized Mandarin spelling when "Wong" or "Wang" should be used; "Lee" is correctly Cantonese, while the Mandarin equivalent is "Li". This means Huang Lee's name may also been purely referred to as "Wong Lee" or "Wang Lee" in Cantonese and "Huang Li" in Mandarin. His early background in Hong Kong remains largely unexplained.
Yet another area of confusion is the order of his name; Kenny Wu Lee is Huang Lees father's brother, thus they would have the same surname. However, only the name Lee appears to be their common name. This also applies to Hsin and Chan Jaoming. Thus, the correct names of the four would be Lee Huang, Kenny Lee, Jaoming Hsin and Jaoming Chan.
- Rudy D'Avanzo - Killed for betraying and lying to him.
- Zhou Ming - Killed as a suspect of being the rat.
- Chan Jaoming - Killed as a suspect of being the rat.
- Wu Lee - Killed for betraying the Triads and being the rat.
- Selma - Can be killed to get rid of her, noting that this is easier then trying run away.
LCPD Database information
First Name: Huang
Place of Birth: China
Affiliations: Known Associate of Wu "Kenny" Lee's Liberty City Triad Gang.
- 2002 - Trademark Counterfeiting
- 2005 - Grand Theft Auto
- Nephew of Liberty City Triad Boss, Wu "Kenny" Lee.
- Believed to be working freelance for other organizations in addition to his uncle's.
- In The Ballad of Gay Tony, two of Lee's safehouses are drop off points for Armando and Henrique's drug empire in the Drug Wars side mission.
- He is the only protagonist in the Grand Theft Auto series who doesn't have a nickname.