Los Santos in GTA IV Era
The City of Los Santos was a primary location in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. It also exists in the Grand Theft Auto IV Era, although it is never seen apart from certain TV shows. It still exists in the GTA IV Era, as indicated by the in-game characters, internet and TV Shows. There are numerous references to Los Santos in the GTA IV Era. These include characters mentioning it, TV shows, radio, and many others.As seen by character dialogues and internet sites, the city of Los Santos is still used, confirming that it exists in the GTA IV era. Like Liberty City, Los Santos will likely undergo a redesign if it is to feature in future games, either again as a single city, or, more unlikely, a state.
References in GTA IV
- The show Patriot 500 in depicts Carl Johnson driving a Hotring Racer around Los Santos International Airport.
- Many GTA IV characters are born in, or used to live in Los Santos.
- The clothing line Enema is based in Los Santos.
- Carmen Ortiz references Los Santos in a date with Niko Bellic.
- Vinewood is mentioned many times in the game, confirming that the district still exists in the GTA IV era.
- According to the LCPD, many criminals came from Los Santos.
- Accrording to the advertisement of Ranch, the district of Rodeo still exists in the GTA IV era.
References in The Lost and Damned
- At the end of the mission Shifting Weight, Malc jokes that he and Johnny should get a room at the Jefferson Motel, a motel in Los Santos.
- The Jefferson Motel still existed in the GTA IV era, as it is mentioned in a cutscene in The Lost And Damned.
References in The Ballad of Gay Tony
- Los Santos is heavily mentioned in the dialogues of The Ballad of Gay Tony.