Michael De Santa
|Michael De Santa|
|Full Name||Michael De Santa|
Michael Townley (birth name, until 2004)|
|Date of Birth||1965|
|Home||De Santa House in Rockford Hills, Los Santos|
Amanda De Santa (wife)|
Jimmy De Santa (son)
Tracey De Santa (daughter)
Trevor Philips (until 2004, and 2013)|
Bradley Snider (until 2004)
Lester Crest (until 2004, and 2013)
Dave Norton (from 2004)
Isiah Friedlander (2013)
Franklin Clinton (2013)
Solomon Richards (2013)
White Marquis (stolen)
|Voiced by||Ned Luke|
|image = MichaelDeSanta-GTAV.jpg
|game_1 = GTA V
|name = Michael De Santa
|aka = Michael Townley (birth name, until [])
Michael De Santa (born in 1965 as Michael Townley) is a character in the HD Universe who appears as one of the three protagonists in Grand Theft Auto V. He is a retired bank robber forced to return to his criminal activity due to a lack of money while remaining under the protection of FIB agent Dave Norton. He is the husband of Amanda and father of both Jimmy and Tracey. He is voiced by Ned Luke.
| This page is unfinished and is being worked on
As someone else may be editing at the same time, watch out for conflicting edits. Also check the History and Talk Page.
Michael De Santa, born Michael Townley in 1965, was born into a tough life, telling Isiah Friedlander that crime was his only opportunity in life. He performed his first robbery in 1988 and took $10,000 from a small franchise in Carcer City. He continued in this vain throughout the 1990s eventually teaming up with the likes of Trevor Philips and Bradley Snider along the American-Canadian border. The three eventually team up to perform a bank robbery in Ludendorff, North Yankton. Michael, however, decides to turn states evidence after discovering that the FIB discover their plans.
At some point prior to 1993 he meets his future wife Amanda and has two children: Jimmy and Tracey. The robbery goes ahead as planned, however, during the getaway their vehicle is hit by a train. While on foot, Bradley and Michael are shot by FIB Agent Dave Norton, who later claims the credit for stopping the robbery. Bradley dies but Michael is saved, entering into an off the books witness protection program, while Trevor flees the area and evades the police. Norton plans a funeral for Michael, attended by his wife Amanda.
Michael, Amanda and their two children are subsequently moved into a large house in Rockford Hills, Los Santos with a substantial sum of money. The family continue under to live under the protection of Agent Norton, paying him a five figure sum each month in return for his help. Family life in the De Santa house begins to break down with each family member frequently arguing with one another while both Jimmy and Tracey are limited in their usage of social media such as Lifeinvader. Amanda also begins to spend heavily between 2004 and 2013, depleting their resources, while also having numerous extra-marital affairs with various people including tennis coach Kyle Chavis and yoga teacher Fabien LaRouche. She also rents out their home to pornographic film star Freddie Slade in 2012, without Michael's knowledge. He also hires a maid and groundsman to enjoy his retirement.
In 2013 Michael, enjoying his retirement, is treated by psychologist Isiah Friedlander from his office in Vespucci Beach where he briefly meets repossession agents Franklin Clinton and Lamar Davis. Franklin later breaks into the De Santa house to repossess a vehicle bought by Jimmy. Michael, hiding in the back seat, forces Franklin to drive into the salesroom of Premium Deluxe Motorsport resulting in Franklin and Lamar being fired.
Franklin, a gang affiliate, returns to the De Santa house in the hope of finding some employment. Michael, however, discovers Amanda's affair with her tennis coach. Michael and Franklin then destroy Natalia Zverovna's house, believing it to be Chavis', and are confronted by Mexican-American 'legitimate businessman' Martin Madrazo. The two are 'convinced' to repay the money, $2.5 million, and Michael agrees to teach Franklin the basics of his trade. The two work together almost immediately after, rescuing Jimmy from Michael's boat, which Jimmy had attempted to sell in a deal that turned into a robbery.
The two, alongside a driver, gunman and hacker of the players choosing, pull off a robbery at Vangelico's Fine Jewelry. While leaving, however, Michael uses a phrase he had used nine years prior, which is recognised by Trevor Philips in his trailer in Sandy Shores, Blaine County, just north of Los Santos. Agent Norton visits Michael to warn him against getting back into the criminal underworld. Michael and his family are later watched by Wade Hebert, who joins Trevor in his trip to Los Santos to confront Michael.
- Michael appeared in the first trailer as the narrator, which was released two years prior to the game. Franklin Clinton also appeared in the trailer.
- Michael is the only GTA protagonist to have a wife and children during their respective appearances in GTA.
- Until the release of the Game Informer issue on GTA V, his name was rumored to be Albert De Silva, due to a leaked casting list.
- In The Paleto Score, Michael states that his first robbery was $10,000 from a small franchise in Carcer City in 1988.
- GTA V
- Franklin and Lamar
- Complications (Boss)
- Father/Son (Boss)
- Marriage Counselling (Boss)
- Daddy's Little Girl (Boss)
- The Good Husband
- Doting Dad
- Parenting 101
- Friend Request
- Casing the Jewel Store
- Carbine Rifles (if choosing the loud option for robbing Vangelico's Fine Jewelry)
- BZ Gas Grenades (if choosing the smart option for robbing Vangelico's Fine Jewelry)
- The Jewel Store Job
- Mr. Philips (Boss)
- Fame or Shame (Boss)
- Did Somebody Say Yoga
- Dead Man Walking
- Three's Company
- By the Book
- The Merryweather Heist
- Trash Truck (can be completed by Michael, Franklin or Trevor)
- Boiler Suits (can be completed by Michael, Franklin or Trevor)
- Masks (can be completed by Michael, Franklin or Trevor)
- Tow Truck (can be completed by Michael, Franklin or Trevor)
- I Fought the Law
- Mr. Richards
- Caida Libre
- Minor Turbulence (Boss)
- Paleto Score Setup
- Military Hardware (can be completed by Michael, Franklin or Trevor)
- Monkey Business
- The Paleto Score
- Surveying the Score
- Stingers (can be completed by Michael, Franklin or Trevor)
- Gauntlet (can be completed by Michael, Franklin or Trevor)
- Driller (can be completed by Michael, Franklin or Trevor)
- Sidetracked (can be completed by Michael, Franklin or Trevor)
- Bury the Hatchet (Boss)
- Reuniting the Family (Boss)
- Cleaning Out the Bureau
- Fresh Meat
- Lamar Down
- The Wrap Up
- The Ballad of Rocco
- Legal Trouble
- The Bureau Raid
- The Big Score
- Something Sensible (one of the ending options)
- The Time's Come (one of the ending options, killed)
- The Third Way (one of the ending options)
- GTA V
- Strangers & Freaks
- A Starlet in Vinewood (can be completed by Michael, Franklin or Trevor)
- Grass Roots - Michael
- Exercising Demons - Michael
- Seeking the Truth
- Accepting the Truth
- Assuming the Truth
- Chasing the Truth
- Bearing the Truth
- Delivering the Truth
- Exercising the Truth
- Unknowing the Truth