Difference between revisions of "Phil Collins"
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
* Bailey& Phil Collins ([[Flash FM]], [[Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories]]) <small>Incorrectly credited to '''Phillip Bailey'''</small>
* Turn It Again([[Flash FM]], GTA Vice City Stories)
* In the Air Tonight([[Emotion 98.3]] and via [[In the Air Tonight|concert]], GTA Vice City Stories)
* Genesis - ([[Liberty Rock Radio]], [[Grand Theft Auto IV
Revision as of 00:50, 9 October 2013
|Appearances||GTA Vice City Stories|
|Full Name||Phil Collins|
|Date of Birth||January 30, 1951|
|Place of Birth||Chiswick, London|
Philip David Charles Collins (born January 30, 1951 in Chiswick, London), is an English singer, songwriter, drummer, and actor. Appearing in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Collins is the first real-life celebrity to appear in person in the Grand Theft Auto series, as most celebrities prior have been spoofs of themselves, while others were only mentioned and/or credited in-game for their songs or are only heard as DJs on the radio.
Collins can be seen in the third official trailer for GTA Vice City Stories performing his famous single "In The Air Tonight", which incidentally was featured in the pilot of "Miami Vice", a 1980s television show cited as one of the major inspirations and influences on GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories (Collins also made an appearance on the show, portraying a con-man).
Early life and career
His professional training began at fourteen when he entered Barbara Speake Stage School. He began a career as a child actor and model, and won his first major role as The Artful Dodger in the London production of Oliver!. He was an extra in The Beatles' A Hard Day's Night - one of hundreds of screaming teenagers during the TV concert sequence and seen fleetingly in a close-up. He was also in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. He also auditioned for the role of Romeo in Romeo and Juliet (1968). In 1970, the 19-year old Collins played percussion on the George Harrison song "The Art of Dying". Harrison credited him in the liner notes to the remastered CD version of the album released in 2000. Collins was among the last three finalists for the role of "I.Q." on the children's American television show The Bugaloos (he lost out to English actor/musician John McIndoe.
Despite the beginnings of an acting career, Collins continued to gravitate towards music. While attending Chiswick Community School he formed a band called The Real Thing and later joined The Freehold. With the latter group, he wrote his first song titled "Lying Crying Dying".
Collins' first record deal came as drummer for Flaming Youth who released a single album, Ark 2 (1969). A concept album inspired by the recent media attention surrounding the moon landing, Ark 2 (with Ronnie Caryl, Brian Chatton and Gordon (Flash) Smith), failed to make much commercial success despite positive critical reviews. Melody Maker featured the album as "Pop Album of the Month", describing it as "adult music beautifully played with nice tight harmonies". The album's main single, "From Now On", failed on the radio. After a year of touring, band tensions and the lack of commercial success dissolved the group.
Role in GTA Vice City StoriesVictor Vance in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories by Reni. The three missions, Kill Phil, Kill Phil: Part 2, and In the Air Tonight sees Vic trying to protect him from Forelli Family assassins that try to murder him because Phil's manager, Barry Mickelthwaite refuses to pay back money he owes to Giorgio Forelli.
Upon completing "In the Air Tonight", the player can purchase a ticket to see the "Phil Collins: Live in Vice City" concert at the Hyman Memorial Stadium. The ticket costs $6000 and allows the player to see the GTA rendition of Phil Collins sing his hit In the Air Tonight.
- GTA Vice City Stories
- Easy Lover - Philip Bailey & Phil Collins (Flash FM, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories) Incorrectly credited to Phillip Bailey
- Turn It On Again - Genesis - (Flash FM, GTA Vice City Stories)
- In the Air Tonight- Phil Collins - (Emotion 98.3 and via concert, GTA Vice City Stories)
- Mama - Genesis (Liberty Rock Radio, Grand Theft Auto IV)
- I Don't Care Anymore - Phil Collins (Los Santos Rock Radio, Grand Theft Auto V)
- Phil Collins Concert in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Phil Collins official website
- Phil Collins at Internet Movie Database
- Phil Collins talks about his appearance in Vice City Stories