|GTA: San Andreas.|
|Appearance(s)||[[Appearance::GTA: San Andreas]]|
|Vehicle type||Law enforcement tank|
|Body style||An armored tank|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
| name = SWAT tank
The SWAT tank (referred simply as S.W.A.T. when entering the SWAT tank) is an armored law enforcement vehicle in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
Designed as a large four-wheeled armored riot control police vehicle for San Andreas, the SWAT is more accurately described as an armored personnel carrier (APC), contrary to its "Tank" name. The SWAT is based on the Cadillac Gage V-100 Commando, which the real-life Los Angeles Police Department sometimes used as an urban assault vehicle during the 1980s and 1990s. In Zero's store, Zero RC, there are boxes of a model of it named "Swat Van 92".
The SWAT features a fully rotatable water cannon that can easily knock down enemies, and is fun to drive as its shovel-shaped front easily pushes cars harshly with minuscule damage done to the APC. It also has double the health of any other general vehicle in the game due to its heavy armor. The SWAT can accommodate two people, who can enter through the doors on either side; there is also hatch on top of the APC but it is not accessible. The vehicle also features a wailing siren but lacks light bars to complement it.
The SWAT may be used to initiate the Vigilante vehicle mission; however, since Carl Johnson cannot perform a drive-by in the SWAT, it is not recommended to try to do so. This vehicle is not bullet-proof/bomb-proof/fire-proof/explosion-proof, meaning if being shot at by the FBI, S.W.A.T., Army, or Police with heavy weapons, this vehicle may explode quickly, making it a terrible getaway car. However, in the last mission, there is a bullet and fireproof version.
- The SWAT tank (or another vehicle linked to SWAT) was meant to appear in GTA IV, because of the handling line being still in the game's files (PC). It was then added onto The Ballad Of Gay Tony downloadable content for Xbox 360 as a fully driveable NOOSE APC with an operable cannon fitted with explosive rounds. (NOOSE APC)
- The SWAT is considerably rare, appearing only twice during the last mission, one of which can only be stored in a garage:
- The first one is required to be stolen by the player to ram into a crack house (bullet and fireproof). This SWAT tank may be stored in any available garage space.
- The second one is seen inside the Crack Palace, it is also unlocked and drivable, but cannot be saved into a garage as the vehicle is stranded within the interior.
- Grand Theft Auto PC: Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data\handling.dat>SWAT