Talk:GTA IV Timeline
| This talk page is for discussing the GTA IV Timeline article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
- Well, actually, I think that's the joke, i.e. her sentence is so ridiculously long (300 years) that she could never really serve it in her lifetime, and will spend her natural life in prison. EganioTalk 06:11, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
from are perceptive Elizabeta Torres sentence seem silly but in the Grand Theft Auto World she might serve her sentence under suspended animation Chip2007 he may be right i saw this movies about a cop who was sentence in a chryoprison cant remenber name but its plausable--Chip2008 16:39, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
- When it was a joke I got it, but I have no idea what your trying to say. Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 06:31, 5 September 2008 (UTC)
we no in the GTA perspective things are different aprt from place names and a new US geography to understand scientific understanding maybe different such as undertanding chryogenics maybe years ahead of the real world for example 300 years maybe an eternity but under susbended animation it will be 24 hours Chip2007 october 16 4:56PM WET
- People often serve multiple sentences back-to-back. In this case it means she is locked up for a maximum of 300 years. Obviously she won't live that long, so she'll die in prison. That is the sentence, and that happens regularly in the real world. Just the same as if an 80 year old man gets a 10 year sentence, or if a younger person dies during a short sentence. There is nothing in the game relating to scientific understanding or suspended animation, so drop the nonsense. Gboyers talk 17:18, 16 October 2008 (UTC)
- I think it was originally supposed to be set in 2007 but R* changed it when the release was delayed. I will check some Liberty tree articles later to see if they have dates. Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 03:51, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
I've just checked a few minutes ago on the police database and indeed it said 2008 so perhaps like said giggest gta fan ever R* changed the timeline CF001
It's set in 2008, as that's the year Niko immigrated to the USA :P Kandreik
Where Roman was born
Just curious, how are we certain that Roman was born in the Balkan Peninsula? I used to assume he was born in Yugoslavia, like Niko.
Yep that's where he was born.. cause in-game dialogue says that Niko had his house next to Roman's..Kandreik
Rusty Browns Donuts?
It says the first shop was opened in Vice City. What does that have to do with Liberty City? --Chimpso 09:57, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
"Something similar to 9/11 happens to Liberty City, this is mentioned in a politcal advertisement."
What political ad? Where can I see it?
- My audio is glitchy right now, so I can't check to see which one to give you a link, but just search "John Hunter GTA" on YouTube; you'll find it. --GuildKnightTalk2me 02:19, 28 July 2009 (UTC)
- I have heard it somwhere too. But I have dial-up so I will never go on youtube. You can search though. --Chimpso 02:21, 28 July 2009 (UTC)
I found the video you said GuildKnight but I don't think it has nothing similar to 9/11. So this sentence "Something similar to 9/11 happens to Liberty City, this is mentioned in a politcal advertisement." needs to be removed.