| This talk page is for discussing the Jamaicans article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
Where does the name come from? I'm really sure that the namesHillside Posse nor Jamaican Posse were mentioned in GTA IV. However, in GTA: Chinatown Wars, during Melanie Mallard's Factory Fun mission, they are called Yardies. Would this be their real name? -- Master Sima Yi 08:47, February 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Huang's GPS under his drug trade app, shows a list of gangs, Yardies are listed under "Hillside Posse". ChanJaoming 08:50, February 13, 2010 (UTC)
- No they're not. They are called Yardies there as well. -- Master Sima Yi 13:35, February 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Couldn't recall, but I know they're called Hillside Posse some time during Chinatown Wars.ChanJaoming 15:02, February 13, 2010 (UTC)
- And I know they're not :P. I've completed all missions again in one day, looking closely at the cutscene texts and never have they been called Hillside Posse. I'm really sure that we need to move this to Yardies. -- Master Sima Yi 15:59, February 13, 2010 (UTC)
- yes they are clearly called yardies not the hillside posse someone should change this hillside posse or jamaican posse are false names
- Yardies is already name for same gang in GTA III era. In my version of CW they called Jamaicans, so Jamaican Posse will be the best name for article. Also, Yardies is the name for UK type of this gang, and Jamaican Posse is the name for New York one. Orto Dogge 20:46, May 1, 2010 (UTC)
- May be Master Sima Yi likes to write so much, than forgot how to read, but some people, including me, already said, that another name for the gang is JAMAICANS. Yardies aldready name for GTA III era, so perfect name would be Jamaicans or Jamaican Posse.--Orto Dogge 11:59, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
- The name "Jamaicans" doesn't sound very official as a gang name, it would be like moving the Algonquin Triads to "Chinamen". One would suppose that it was used in GTA CW as the gang had no official name. It has been said before on this wiki that when an offical name is lacking, the most used unofficial name should be the name of the article, suggesting that "Hillside Posse" should be used as it is by the GTA community, supposedly. The gang was named as the "Yardies" in the PSP bonus missions, so perhaps "Hillside Yardies" to distinguish the gang from the Uptown Yardies? --Bluesboyjr 15:21, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
- But "Hillside" is still unofficial name. It would be better as "Hillside Posse" than. How about "Jamaican Posse", "Yardies Posse" or "Jamaican Yardies"?
- How about we just call them Yardies, the name Rockstar has given us for them, and leave it like that? And Orto Dogge, maybe you shouldn't belittle other people so damn much and maybe I already know that they are called "Uptown Yardies", not "Yardies". -- Master Sima Yi 06:06, May 8, 2010
- How about the Jamaican Yardies, and have them be referred to as the "Yardies" when talking about them through the storyline. People then we'll know what we're talking about. NYYankees333 22:02, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Jamaican Yardies would be a bit silly; the whole point of Yardies is that they come from Jamaica - it would be like saying "Chinese Triads". How about the Broker Yardies? I know it doesn't have much of a ring to it, but it's the best I can come up with and it distinguishes them from the other Yardies. --Bluesboyjr 15:28, May 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Yardies in general is an incorrect term for the West Indian criminal gangs that appear in GTA4, simply because in the main games they're called West Indian criminal gangs, and never once referred to as "The Yardies" outside of Chinatown Wars. The entire 5 families are referred to as "The Mob," and the Irish Mob is referred to as "Irish American Killers," while all the assorted African American gangs are just called "African Americans." I am strongly against that move suggestion for one reason, and one reason alone. The Yardies in GTAIII are a seperate entity.
Again, AS I SAID, if ONE member of the gang is affiliated with a leader of another gang, doesn't mean that the two whole gangs have to be affiliated as well. And Orto Dogge, maybe you haven't noticed it yourself yet, but you tend to think that your own personal opinion is fact, as you have written in your last Summary of your edit on this page(see "Work on your argumentation if you want people pay attention on what you say. And that's not me, who need some lessons about missions in multiplayer. Jamaicans and Petrovics work together."), though I really think that I have the same problem as well.
Now to get back to the what I was saying. For example, Niko was affiliated with Jon Gravelli. But that doesn't mean that he is affialited with the whole gang. Niko isn't affiliated with Roy Zito or Sammy Bottino. And if you see some Gambettis walk around (rarely spawn in Broker), they will still attack Niko if they are provoked.
And anyways, Little Jacob helped Niko to attack Dimitri's men in Russian Revolution, and Dimitri was affiliated with Petrovic. Also, Niko helped Real Badman in his random encounter to kill some Russians. They might as well be Petrovic's men.
We should rather have a discussion over this rather than an edit war, as we both don't risk getting banned if we do it this way. -- Master Sima Yi 06:06, May 8, 2010 (UTC)