Talk:Red Dead Redemption
| This talk page is for discussing the Red Dead Redemption article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
It is the same game engine as GTA, and is an important game within Rockstar Games.
- It might be the next GTA. I think this article should remain.
- I am not ashamed to say, swaying slightly from the subject, that RDR is a better game than the GTA games.
- TBOGT contains a news clip on the TV about terrorists. This clip features a shot of RDR. Therefore the games are directly related and this article SHOULD remain.- Tornmuscle 01:24, May 31, 2010 (UTC)
- It doesn't take place in the GTA World, because in the beginning of the game, someone refers to New York and not Liberty City or New Rotterdam. Fluffy Clouds 02:08, May 31, 2010 (UTC)
- So? That means it's not in the same world? Liberty City doesn't replace New York. They still exists within the same world. As said in the [[Grand Theft Auto World article: "In GTA III there are billboards saying "See you in Miami!" and Ray Machowski mention it after his departure from Liberty City, and in GTA Vice City, there are billboards that say "Move over Miami!" The cities don't replace their real-life counterparts. -- Master Sima Yi 15:26, June 1, 2010 (UTC)
There is really no need for this article. If there are refrences to the games then they can be placed in their respective articles. It could not take place in the same universe as GTA as it was set before any of the games. Chimpso 03:59, May 31, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree with deletion.--Gta-mysteries 04:00, May 31, 2010 (UTC)
- I think that it should stay because Red Dead Redemption is still in the same universe as GTA games and games like Bully and Manhunt.
- Indeed. Bully and Manhunt deserve their own articles, but this doesn't? Delete them too, if this must be deleted. -- Master Sima Yi 15:26, June 1, 2010 (UTC)
Uh, no, remove RDR. This takes place in a different "universe" that GTA, so doesn't belong here. Bully and Manhunt are both directly and indirectly referenced in GTAIV. How is RDR referenced? A 2 second screenshot that shouldn't even exist, because 1908 and 2009 do not take place at the same time.--User:Black ArtistTalk page 00:35, June 2, 2010 (UTC)
- How could Red Dead Redemption be referenced when RDR was released 2 years after GTA IV? The article didn't say it takes place within the same universe, you just make it up yourselves. -- Master Sima Yi 11:59, June 4, 2010 (UTC)
RDR has nothing to do with GTA. Just because it was made by Rockstar Games too, does not mean it's story connects with GTA's. In the beginning of the game, a character, Bonnie, says that her brother is in New York. NY does not exist within the GTA universe. If Bonnie had said that her brother is in Liberty City then this article WOULD make sense but it doesn't. This article appearing in a GTA wiki would be like GTA appearing in the RDR wiki. No sense. I agree with deletion. AngelFlazz 19:26, June 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Where is it said that New York City doesn't appear in the GTA universe. Vice City doesn't replace Miami, why would Liberty City replace New York City then? -- Master Sima Yi 11:57, June 4, 2010 (UTC)
I understand all the arguments above, and pretty much agree with them. However, even though the content and universe of the games do not overlap, there are many similarities and useful comparisons in terms of gameplay, graphics, multiplayer and (eventually) modding. I think it would be useful to draw some comparisons between GTA and RDR. For example, comparing the way the open worlds work, the weapon UI, Dead-Eye targeting, the automatic health replenishment etc. I think having an article that just has a basic outline of RDR and then a load of comparisons would be useful. I think this would also be useful for the Driver and Saint's Row series'. Gboyers talk 03:44, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
it is slightly unusual... but i do believe that RDR and GTA exist in the same universe. even if they did mention NY instead of LC... Consider this: there are songs in all the gta games that make reference to real places. for example, West Coast Poplock on bounce FM in san andreas clearly references to LA, and california. as well as on K-rose, there is a song by the statler brothers called New York City. its a bit confusing, but its just a matter of time before we figure out if they coexist in the same game universe or not
It's too late now. Someone deleted the page. MAINEiac4434 01:42, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
Did anyone else catch this cool reference to Grand Theft Auto in Red Dead Redemption? When one of the Bureau Agents is going over John Marston's "past life" he mentions that John robbed(paraphrasing) "40 some banks," to which John replies, "They told me there was a special prize when I got to 50." Obvious reference to The Episodes From Liberty City content, Drug Wars and Gang Wars, where after 50 successful wars you unlock a full weapon set in your safehouse.