| This talk page is for discussing the Sergei article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
What proof do you have that Sergei is actually the killer?
The game's manual has a credit that says "Killer". I'm pretty sure that's the character who killed Roman. Not Sergei. The killer being bald is not enough proof that he's Sergei.
- That's like saying, "What proof is there that Bernie Crane was at the wedding." It's just obvious, its the same person. They have the same clothing, same facial scar, same voice actor. It's Sergei. 6FTofDIRT 07:04, December 13, 2009 (UTC)
Yeah, I agree, they look exactly the same, and he'd have a reason to assassinate Niko through working for Mikhail, who, in turn knew Dmitri. --Stankers 08:12, December 13, 2009 (UTC)
- It's not the same person. The game manual makes that clear. The same clothing is irrelevant. Sergei doesn't have a facial scar. And the voice sounds different. --Geoff77 16:16, December 13, 2009 (UTC)
- I searched it in the LC Guidebook for GTA IV, in the credits, "Killer" was voiced by Jacek Krawczyk, and "Sergei" was voiced ny Jeff Norris.--Funny Drunk Packie 09:51, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Where did it say Fautins bodyguard's name was Sergei? I thought the guy with Mel at comrades bar was Sergei
- You are entirely right. You got me started in searching his actual identity. But please next time sign your reply next time with four tildes (~~~~)--spaceeinstein 06:51, July 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry didnt know how to sign before. but yea i remember mel saying something about drinking with sergei and i never heard anyone call faustins bodyguard by that name Thedamaja891 21:16, July 30, 2010 (UTC)thedamaja891
Sergei and the killer
According to the game files, Sergei and the killer are both different characters. After a long time of searching, here is the proof.
- Differences in models, located cutsprops.img:
- Sergei's model is cs_sergei and the killer's model is cs_killer. Sergei wears a blue jacket while the killer wears a suit and his head is more clean-shaven.
- Cutscene appearances, located in cuts.img:
- Sergei appears in "Bull in China Shop" (vla1_a.cut) and "Clean Getaway" (vla3_a.cut).
- The killer appears in "No Love Lost" (fau4_a.cut) and "Mr. and Mrs. Bellic" (fin1_aa.cut).
- Mentioning Sergei, located in american.gxt:
- He was mentioned by Dimitri in "Final Destination" (F3AUD): "Sergei told me that a friend of his in the courts told him they've been authorized to tap our phones and they know about the pot we stole."
- He was mentioned by Mel in his random encounter (PMLAUD): "Not hanging around with losers like Sergei."
- The killer is credited to Jacek Krawczyk and Sergei is credited to Jeff Norris (CREDIT).
So this is everything about Sergei and the killer. This is why I put so much emphasis on the importance of using game files to verify facts. Now time for me to jump off a bridge for using up my time for this.--spaceeinstein 06:39, July 28, 2010 (UTC)