| This talk page is for discussing the Tommy Vercetti article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
Tommy Vercetti not a Gangster?
I would like to object to Tommy Vercetti not being considerd a Gangster, because i believe that he is very much a Gangster, first off he is a Drug Lord, he has murderd god knows how many people, he is involved in Organized Crime, AND he once had ties to the Mafia. I think with all that and more he should be considerd a Gangster. George 04:52, 22 May 2007 (BST)
- We're not saying he isn't a gangster, we just said that protagonists didnt need to be in Category:Gangsters - mainly because they aren't loyal to one gang, and they don't do everything as part of their gangs - they tend to work on their own. Do you think it would be useful to have them listed there? If you do, then go for it. Xenon (?) 09:56, 22 May 2007 (BST)
Year of Birth
Is there anything to indicate that he was born in 1951? I can't ever remember seeing this information. A-Dust 17:40, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
- It's an assumption made by the fact that he spent 15 years in prison, which began in 1971. For some reason, there is the assumption that he was 20 years old when sent to prison, based on some rudimentary discussion of his mentioning that he didn't go to Vietnam as a result of his incarceration...not sure where that came from, but it's probably from one of the fan sites. EganioTalk 22:04, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
- So surely, unless it is a game guide or something like that, the information should be removed from the article. Has anyone got the GTA Vice City game guide? A-Dust 22:08, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
- I mean the walkthrough book, otherwise known as the strategy guide, which I've only just thought of. I don't remember anything about any character in the VC game guide, just about the city itself. A-Dust 22:21, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
- I have the Vice City Game Guide, and it states under the Characters section that Tommy Vercetti is 35 years old as of Vice City, so logically he would be born in 1951. Add on 35 years, and boom, 1986. MasterChief117 22:55, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
Colt17 has stated that he read it on Wikipedia. That may be so, but that doesn't make it correct. Clever estimates are also out of the question. Unless we get some form of proof from in-game (saying the year of birth, or an age at a particular time) then we can't display it as factual information. If it is REALLY important, you COULD have a section discussing what his age MIGHT be, but I don't recommend we do that. Gboyers talk 14:10, 22 June 2009 (UTC)
- DanceWithLance provided this as "proof" of Tommy's age/D.O.B., but it's just from another wiki article on another wiki website, so can it really be a reliable source? Peronally I don't think it is. - Hardrock182 14:44, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
- Can someone prove Tommy's birth date before removing the "verify" template?--Spaceeinstein 03:34, November 26, 2009 (UTC)
- Sheesh, I'll do the proving then:
Tommy's a 35-year-old punk just out of the slammer, who served 15 years and is now back on the streets. He's connected with the Forelli family in Liberty City, and has been spotted in town with Ken Rosenberg at Escobar International. Something big is going down.
-Bradygames Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Official Strategy Guide
- --spaceeinstein 20:32, 5 March 2012 (UTC)
Just after the screen fades to black after certain missions, Tommy will chime in with his opinion on the matter, usually citing how crazy his boss is. He tends to be sarcastic, snarky, etc...yet this is never noted. Why not? --Maxaxle (talk) 03:13, 18 November 2011 (UTC)