The Trance AM is a muscle car featured in Grand Theft Auto 2.
In-game, with lights)|
A Trance AM in GTA 2.
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door muscle car|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
| name = Trance AM
| front_image = TranceAM-GTA2.png
| image_size = 130
| caption = ([[:Image:TranceAM-GTA2-ingame.jpg|In-game, with lights]])
The Trance AM is clearly designed as a American-styled muscle car with a typical coupé body design and a bird hood decal. While initially given an original design by Ray Larabie, the Trance AM came to be based on a 1970–74 Trans Am Pontiac Firebird instead. The car's internal name,
TRANCEAM, is very similar to its in-game name.
In terms of performance, the Trance AM is a fairly competent car. While slower than most sports cars in the game, the Trance AM's above average acceleration and top speed coupled with its responsive steering and braking makes the car a fairly well-balanced choice for players.
Ray Larabie's early design for the Furore GT in GTA 2.
- At a parking lot west of the Redemption entrance to the elevated platform over the Mobile RV Park.
- At a parking lot in Wormley, east of the church.
- At a parking lot in Morton, southwest of the church.
- At a parking lot west of a diner in Morton at the southernmost street of the Residential District.
- At a parking lot southeast of the Belmont car shop.
- At parking lots near the southwest corner and the east side of the Largo shopping mall.