| This is the talk page for User:ZS. Please leave a message.
Always sign off your messages using four tildes (~~~~ ) to automatically add your signature.
|You can discuss about changes in articles and other related odds and ends here. Any messages posted here will be replied in this page. Response time to incoming messages varies from time to time.|
- Archives: Archive 1 (29/12/2006 - 11/01/2010)
The images I uploaded last night are from the German and Spanish GTA Wikias, so I have no control over the brightness unfortunately. The images serve their purpose though until we can get others. The naming is simply for consistency purposes, which is something Grand Theft Wiki needs to do. We've put it off for a long time, so I thought it time to start. As for the names, they are some what vague but the only problem in this is when you look at a list of images and to my knowledge there is only the list of files where you could do this. Every where else users can see what is in the image by looking at the thumbnail or actual image. A-Dust 17:14, January 21, 2010 (UTC)
- As far as the name format is concerned, it's much less readable and a hindrance given the choice of jumbling up all words into a single mess. I've been using a different format that adopts spacing and parenthesis in order to avoid this problem (on my images in Category:Vehicles and Category:Locations; similarly named images were provided for characters and several missions, but these have been renamed to your format without reasoning), so wouldn't it be something we should be discussing on the talk page? - ZS 17:38, January 21, 2010 (UTC)
- Refer to Grand Theft Wiki talk:Consistency. We need to talk about this. - ZS 17:54, January 21, 2010 (UTC)
- I've got no problem with you wanting to help on this. I'll carry on with changing all the other images. A-Dust 15:20, January 22, 2010 (UTC)
Message by Mclovin123
I just wanted to say that there is next to no trivia with characters, if you can let me put atleast one trivia on all characters in GTAwiki, I would be in eternal debt.
Laa shay'a moutlaq bale koulon moumkine.
- Trivia is only acceptable if it's factual, so if there isn't any factual trivia, a trivia section isn't need. And I have less knowledge of characters of all things. I'm no superman. - ZS 07:47, January 23, 2010 (UTC)
Hello,i got ur message about the vehicle stats, but i recently found out that u could look up the games files from the ps2 to Pc, and i started with san andreas handling codes, and but them on the vehicles page, i was also going to do VC and GTA 3, althought i am confused, between where i could put all of this info, because then again GTW is a encyclopedia...--Claude CJ Vercetti 22:21, January 31, 2010 (UTC)
- It's pretty simple. Each entry in Vehicle Stats in GTA San Andreas and Vehicle Stats in GTA III's tables is contained in a row represented by a line of text divided by "|-", followed by "|" and a body of text for each column. You can refer to Wikipedia's Help:Table page for a better explanation.
The reason a table is used is because these stats tend to be too lengthy for the main article itself, and are difficult to interpret without comparisons with other vehicles. I've been avoiding this problem with vehicles in GTA 1 and GTA London by translating raw performance code into writing, instead of using the raw code outright. That's not to say the raw stats have no place, but they could be referred in a seperate article in this wiki when they are actually of interest.<p> Anyway, if you would like to create a similar page for GTA Vice City, ask me and I'll show you how to create a page. You may have to learn how to do this at some point. - ZS 08:13, February 1, 2010 (UTC)
Ahh, thanks for doing that. When I left the code, I was thinking that seems it's blank with the empty template, it would still be blank with the template deleted (even though I saw the red link the first time I deleted the template). Due to my extended wiki break, and now only being semi-active, I'm really doing some stupid things as I'm not used to the wiki software right now, but hopefully I will be back full time (and get used to it again) real soon. Thanks again! Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 05:36, February 1, 2010 (UTC)
- You're welcomed. It good to hear of an explanation for the problem. - ZS 08:13, February 1, 2010 (UTC)
Message by Atul987
how can you edit the gta5 wishlist... i really want to be able to have planes and better guns
- Every page has a "edit this page" link on the upper left corner of the page. You will have to save it by pressing the save button towards the bottom. - ZS 20:34, February 1, 2010 (UTC)
just whant to know are you on youtube