As the The Ballad of Gay Tony DLC returns the over-the-top style of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the APC was created for the game similar to SA's SWAT Tank. In place of the SWAT Tank's water cannon is a turret loaded with explosive rounds. The APC is described on the official TBOGT website as an "armored personnel carrier" utilized by "N.O.O.S.E". Also, due to the Grand Theft Auto IV focus on realism, this vehicle is very durable, but it is not invincible. It can only withstand so many explosions before the vehicle becomes unusable. The APC appears in the mission Caught with your Pants Down.
- In the parking lot of the East Holland police headquarters in Algonquin. The vehicle can be found parked underneath in a small garage with no garage door. It also appears there in multiplayer.
- Can be spawned via the player's phone by dialing: 272-555-8265 ("APC"-555-"TANK").
- Can be obtained from Henrique Bardas after finishing the main storyline.
- At Yusuf Amir's construction site after shooting all 50 seagulls. Note: The mission For the Man Who Has Everything must be completed before the APC starts to spawn.
- SWAT Tank, GTA San Andreas equivalent.