The APC is an armored assault vehicle and is exclusively featured in The Ballad of Gay Tony. It is the first appearance of an armored land vehicle since Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Although having NOOSE livery, it is never used by them, only in Frosting On The Cake (see below for more details).
As The Ballad of Gay Tony restores the over-the-top style of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the APC was created to fill a role similar to SA's SWAT Tank. The APC greatly resembles the Cadillac Gage V-100 Commando. In place of the SWAT Tank's water cannon is a turret loaded with explosive rounds. The APC is described on the official TBoGT website as an "Armored Personnel Carrier" utilized by NOOSE. The APC is extremely durable and can withstand more damage than all vehicles in the game. The engine is located in the rear and is well been protected from overheating. The back and the top exhausts are vulnerable to heavy gunfire and explosions and too many rounds can cause the APC to explode. But the front and sides of the APC are heavily armored, and can take some serious firepower to damage it. Even multiple RPG rounds can struggle to even make the APC smoke lightly, the only weapon that can cause the APC to take heavy damage in the front/sides, is the cheat code Super Punch. The APC appears in the missions Caught with your Pants Down, where the player steals one for Yusuf Amir, and Frosting on the Cake, where the player destroys one with Sticky Bombs to escape pursuing law enforcement after killing several Lost MC bikers. While this vehicle may seem an unstoppable monster, the Buzzard and even the Annihilator can take it on. The cannon are only as powerful as a shot from the Explosive Shotgun. The angled front has the power to move nearly any vehicle in the game. In addition, while this vehicle has horrible acceleration, it has a rather impressive top speed. The APC's steering is also quite good, and so is the suspension. However, it is prone to rollovers while making quick turns. Because of the APC speed, it slows down to almost the smallest of hills while going up them.
In multiplayer, there is a dedicated race class for the APC, during which the player can use the cannon, albeit with a slower rate of fire and less power. These can NOT be found in Team Deathmatch or Deathmatch, as they would have an unfair advantage.
Although the APC reads NOOSE on the back, neither NOOSE nor the LCPD actually use the APC ingame to chase the player other than in the mission Frosting on the Cake; it is only accessible to the player.
- Parking lot of the East Holland police headquarters in Algonquin. The vehicle can be found parked underneath in a small garage with no garage door. It also appears there in multiplayer.
- Can be spawned via the player's phone by dialing: 272-555-8265 ("APC"-555-"TANK").
- Can be obtained from Henrique Bardas after finishing the main storyline.
- At Yusuf Amir's construction site after shooting all 50 seagulls. Note: The mission For the Man Who Has Everything must be completed before the APC begins to spawn here.
- An interesting way to blow things up is to put sticky bombs on some of the sides; then drive towards the target and press down on the d-pad. The APC will not be destroyed; instead, it will catch fire and blow up by ITSELF soon afterwards.