|Appearances||[[Grand Theft Auto IV|Grand Theft Auto IV]][[Appearance::Grand Theft Auto IV| ]]|
|Full Name||Aiden O'Malley|
|Date of Birth||1953|
|Place of Birth||Dukes, Liberty City|
|Date of Death||2008|
|Age at Death||55|
Derrick McReary (formely)|
Bucky Sligo (formerly)
|Voiced by||Jarlath Conroy|
Aiden O'Malley (inmate number 466369) was a 55-year old Dukes-born Irish-American linked to criminals in Ireland and Dukes. He was an associate of Derrick McReary and Bucky Sligo, whom he often worked with. O'Malley, who spoke with an Irish accent, had spent most of his adult life in Ireland and Britain, linked with several paramilitary and terrorist groups.
In 1995, O'Malley was convicted for a string of robberies, based on testimony from McReary (who supposedly did not remember giving evidence), and was serving a twenty year prison term. Whilst inside, O'Malley complained about McReary's part in his incarceration, and his friend Sligo threatened the lives of McReary's family, much to McReary's distress. In 2008, O'Malley offers information which may lead to arrests, and gives testimony at a police station in Algonquin. The McReary brothers plan a hijacking of the police van transporting him back to Alderney State Correctional Facility; Niko Bellic and Packie wipe out the van's police escort in the Booth Tunnel, and they commandeer the van with O'Malley inside. After taking the van to Alderney and successfully evading the police, Packie and Niko bundle a grateful O'Malley into a less conspicuous vehicle and drive him to the cliffs in Leftwood. O'Malley is told that he was freed on the orders of Derrick McReary, much to O'Malley's disgust. Packie has Niko shoot O'Malley, whose body then falls down the cliffs. The police eventually recover and identify his body.
Aiden O'Malley is voiced by Jarlath Conroy.
LCPD Database information
First Name: Aiden
Place of Birth: Dukes, Liberty City
Affiliations: Linked to Criminal Underworld in Ireland and Irish American criminals based in Dukes.
- 1972 - Civic Disobedience
- 1974 - Resisting Arrest
- 1995 - Grand Larceny (Multiple Counts)
- Associate of Derrick McReary and Bucky Sligo.
- Currently held in custody.
- Recently offered information that may lead to further arrests.
- O'Malley's death is much like a special execution, any weapon will do, and if aimed correctly, he will "rag-doll" down the hill, while the camera moves to a more cinematic angle, If O'Malley is killed by a molotov, he will roll around screaming for a few seconds. When the game changes to the cutscene, he will stop burning, stand up again, and collapse dead on the ground.
- O'Malley probably had a past lover by the name of Julia, as suggested in conversation after he is taken out of the escort by Niko and Packie.
- In Rockstar's new game Red Dead Redemption, there is a mentioned character named Aiden O'Leary, which may be a reference to this character.
- As O'Malley is near the cliff you can just walk into him and he will fall off. On rare occasions he will fall too far out and land in the water - if this happens, then the player can just shoot down at him until he's dead.