The Air Ambulance shares the same helicopter design as the Armadillo (barring a different livery), thus being based on the Bell 412. Like the Armadillo, the Air Ambulance is a relatively large helicopter that nevertheless possesses relatively good speed, with moderately steep pitches that help increase its acceleration at the expense of losing altitude faster.
The Air Ambulance can be used to activate Air Rescue side missions, the airborne equivalent of the Ambulance's Paramedic side mission. Completion of the side mission will boast the player's maximum health.
- Both sides of the Air Ambulance's nose bear cursively written text that reads "Spinning Jonny."
- "VCS - 911" is also written on both sides of the helicopter at the turbine engines. 911 is clearly referring to the main emergency number in the United States, but the "VCS" abbreviation, whether coincidental or not, is also a short form for GTA Vice City Stories' title.
- GTA Vice City Stories
- On the helipad behind Ocean View Hospital in Ocean Beach, Vice City, after "From Zero To Hero".
- On the roof of Schuman Health Care Center in Downtown, Vice City, after "From Zero To Hero".
- The Armadillo, which shares the same body design as the Air Ambulance.
- The police helicopter and helicopter in GTA III, also based on a Bell 412.