Air Sol is an airline in Grand Theft Auto IV. An online Liberty Tree website article mentions that that an Air Sol flight has two hundred and twelve passengers. The company also charges "passengers to use the restrooms on all domestic and international flights" according to a second Liberty Tree article from The Lost and Damned. The Rockstar Games Social Club features an Air Sol plane ticket for Niko Bellic from Liberty City to San Andreas.
The airline possibly originates in Mexico, with the logo being similar to that of a Mexican beer called Sol. This is reinforced by Air Sol's slogan, ¡Taking You Where The Sun Shines!, which uses an inverted exclamation mark, insinuating it originates from a Spanish-speaking country.
- Air Sol, when spoken quickly, sounds similar to the word "arsehole".
- Many of the airline's slogans feature sexual innuendos.
- The 212 passengers on an Air Sol flight is a reference to the area code in New York City.
- The Air Sol plane ticket for Niko Bellic has led some fans to speculate that the next Grand Theft Auto game will take place in San Andreas. This was confirmed with the release of the Grand Theft Auto V trailer.
- In real life, Irish discount airline Ryanair had planed to implement pay toilets on its planes in 2010; however, the plan never came to fruition.
Niko Bellic's Air Sol plane ticket.