Al Dente's is an Italian restaurant chain advertised in Grand Theft Auto IV. The restaurant has several locations around the city, but the player cannot visit any location. Al Dente's slogan is "All the mamma mia you can eat" and serves "authentic" (heavily processed and deep-frozen) Italian cuisine the American way with large portions that are "tasteless and unhealthy". The restaurant is a spoof of the Olive Garden as both companies use a green colored cursive script and a symbolism of Italian cuisine in their logos. A man in a radio commercial states that Al Dente's restaurants are conveniently located near strip malls, much like any real-life casual dining chain.
Al Dente's is one of only a handful of businesses advertised on the radio that appears in-game in Liberty City. Its chain of restaurants is predominantly dotted within Algonquin, with the Al Dente's signage, represented by a fork and pasta, present on each restaurant.
- Burlesque and Hematite St, Triangle Building, The Triangle, Algonquin
- Frankfort Ave and Iron St, The Triangle, Algonquin
- Columbus Ave and Amethyst St, The Exchange, Algonquin
- Albany Ave and Calcium St, The Exchange, Algonquin (highlighted in the Grand Theft Auto IV manual)
- Tudor St and Saratoga Ave, The Big Willis Mall, Willis, Dukes
- The term "al dente" refers to pasta has been cooked so as to be firm but not hard.
- LCHC DJ Jimmy Gestapo rants about how Al Dente's made him puke on his guitar player's foot and goes on to say "Why do we fuck up other country's foods?"