Albany is an automotive company in the HD Universe. It is a luxury automaker, based on Cadillac. Albany, along with Vapid, is one of the largest manufacturers in the HD Universe. After its appearance in pre-release screenshots, Roman's Taxi was often mistakenly identified as the "Albany" due to the prominent badge on the front, however it is in fact an Esperanto, built by Albany.
Albany has two logos that are widely used, a silver "A" with a crown within, and a crowned rectangular emblem. The first one is used on older models (with the exception of the Cavalcade and Cavalcade FXT) and the second is used on much more modern models.
|Vehicle||Style||Based on||Appears in||Variants|
|GTA IV||TLAD||TBOGT||GTA V|
|Buccaneer||Coupe||1970—1972 Chevrolet Monte Carlo||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Cavalcade||SUV|| 2002—2006 Cadillac Escalade
2007—2014 Cadillac Escalade (GTA V)
|Cavalcade FXT||Pickup Truck||2002—2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Emperor||Sedan||1977—1984 Cadillac DeVille||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Esperanto||Sedan||1975—1979 Cadillac Seville||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Manana||Coupe||1967—1970 Cadillac Eldorado||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Presidente||Sports Sedan||2003—2007 Cadillac CTS||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Primo||Sedan||1987—1993 Cadillac Allanté||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Romero||Hearse||1998—2002 Lincoln Town Car hearse||Yes||No||No||Yes|
|Washington||Sedan||1998—2002 Lincoln Town Car||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- Appears only as an unobtainable police vehicle in the GTA V Prologue.
- Appears only in GTA IV and The Lost and Damned.
- Appears only in The Ballad of Gay Tony in online multiplayer.
- The old logo is vaguely similar to the trademark of the real-life manufacturer Maserati, however it's probably a coincidence since the two companies have nothing else in common.
- The name Albany is likely a nod to the capital city of Liberty's real life counterpart, New York.