Rear quarter view)|
An Alpha in GTA San Andreas.
GTA San Andreas |
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door sports car|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Manufacturer||Albany (GTA V)|
The Alpha is a sport coupe in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
GTA San Andreas
Resembling an early-1990s Dodge Stealth, the Alpha is designed with a sporty and modern body design, implying the vehicle is one of the newest models in its time. Having two doors, it only seats two, and is depicted with a front-engine, rear-drive configuration. Despite the Dodge Stealth (Alpha) being related to the Mitsubishi 3000GT (Super GT), the Super GT is much smaller.
Acceleration and speed match those of some of the sports cars in the game. Handling and braking are also highly competent, and match the power of the large and throaty V6 very well. The Alpha's somewhat flimsy construction, however, limits its ability to absorb heavy damage.
Released as part of the Business Update, the Albany Alpha is based on Cadillac XLR luxury roadster; however, unlike its real-life counterpart, which is a hard top convertible, the Alpha has a fixed hard roof. Unlike the Jester and Tursimo R, both of which use a rear mid-engine layout, the Alpha uses a front mid-engine layout.
The Fortune can be modified at a TransFender, but features very limited modification options.
Italicized pricing denotes prices at the Las Venturas TransFender, which charges 20% more except Colors.
- The Alpha is used in the mission Zeroing In for Cesar Vialpando, as part of the Wang Cars asset strand. Carl Johnson hops on an Alpha and follows the driver of a certain vehicle, for it to be put in the Wang Cars showroom. Carl performs a PIT maneuver on the car, urging the driver to leave the car. Carl hops on the desired car and takes it back to the garage in Doherty.
- The Alpha is used in a race which can be accessed behind the Wang Cars showroom, just near the Pay 'n' Spray. The race, named "San Fierro Fastlane", pits Carl against five other racers to race around the northeastern area or San Fierro.
- When entered, the default radio station in the Alpha is Radio Los Santos.
- Spawns while driving a ZR-350 in Queens, San Fierro (Saturday).
- Spawns while driving a Uranus in Santa Maria Beach, Los Santos (Monday).
- Spawns around Los Santos and Las Venturas, especially around the richer areas.
- Spawns occasionally near the strip in Las Venturas.
- Sometimes spawns in Prickle Pine in Las Venturas.
- Sometimes spawns in Vinewood, Los Santos.