Members of the Ancelotti Family
|Games:||GTA IV |
The Lost and Damned
The Ballad of Gay Tony
|Locations:||Alderney City, Alderney|
Little Italy, Algonquin;
|Type:||Italian-American Mafia family|
|Enemies:||Irish American Killers|
Luis Fernando Lopez
Sports PMP 600
|Weapons:||Knife, Pistol, SMG, Uzi and Combat Shotgun|
Colony Island Waste Factory
Algonquin Night Clubs
|Members:||Giovanni Ancelotti |
Charles Matteo (Underboss) (Deceased)
Anthony Spoleto (Capo) (Deceased)
Frank Garone (Capo) (Deceased)
Uncle Vince (Deceased)
The Ancelotti Family are one of the "Five Families" that control organized crime in Liberty City. The family's criminal empire is based in Alderney City and Algonquin, mainly around the Little Italy area. They are apparently the weakest of the Five Families, going to the extent of hiring Albanian thugs for extra muscle. Because of this, the Ancelottis are often the target of the Pegorino Family and their hired muscle, the Irish Mob. Despite the family's small size, they still appear to be able to intimidate people, judging by some of the in game dialogue. This could be due to things that they have done in the past that remain as of yet unexplained. They also start to work with the Faustin Family, earning the wrath of the Gambetti Family, who consider it an insult to work with foreign crime syndicates. After the events of the storylines, the family is ruined. Most of the reputed members have been murdered, apart from the boss, his daughter Gracie, and made man Rocco.
Reputed members and associates
- Giovanni Ancelotti- Boss.
- Charles Matteo- Underboss.
- Anthony Spoleto- Caporegrime.
- Frank Garone- Caporegrime.
- Rocco Pelosi- Soldier.
- Vince- Enforcer.
- It's possible the family ended after the end of Grand Theft Auto IV because Rocco left the city after Departure Time and two Capos, the Underboss and several members were killed by Niko Bellic.
- During the mission Chinese Takeout, Gay Tony says they are "one of the most powerful mob families in the city", despite them ironically being the weakest.
- It is possible that the buyers in the mission If the Price is Right are the Ancelottis since they are known to be in the business of dealing drugs with Dimitri Rascalov and the Russian Mafia.
- The family's main/favorite car is the Cognoscenti, seen driven more by them than anybody.
- The Ancelotti family may be based on the Colombo Crime Family, the least influent family of New York, even though the Colombos are just based in Brooklyn and don't have a heavy influence in New Jersey. Like the Colombo Family, the Ancelottis are one of the smaller families of New York City.