The Annihilator is a helicopter in Grand Theft Auto IV based on the S-70 Blackhawk. The Annihilator is comparable to the Raindance in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for its design and real-life counterpart.
Operated by the LC Patriotism and Immigration Authority, or NOOSE, the Annihilator is the only armed law enforcement vehicle in GTA IV, occasionally seen patrolling the skies above Liberty City in single player mode, often over the East Borough Bridge and Hickey Bridge.
It has four side-mounted miniguns that are difficult to aim (no aiming reticule is provided) and require reloading after prolonged fire, but are hugely devastating to people and vehicles alike and are essentially supplied with infinite ammunition. Strangely, AI-controlled Annihilators never use their miniguns, instead relying on NOOSE soldiers seated on the rounds to fire on the player. A passenger in an Annihilator (or any other helicopter) can shoot an assault rife type weapon regardless if they are in the large passenger bay in the center of the chopper or in the copilot's seat. Additionally, in multiplayer mode, entering the Annihilator will cause the player to automatically obtain a Rocket Launcher with 8 rounds.
The helicopter moves faster then any other vehicle in GTA IV, but it is more difficult to slow down as a result. The Annihilator is a popular vehicle in GTA IV's multiplayer modes because of its speed, maneuverability and resistance to enemy fire.
An Annihilator can be obtained by sniping the pilot while wanted by the police. Make sure it lands in an open area as to not destroy the helicopter. However, the force with which it impacts will most often destroy the helicopter.
In The Lost and Damned, the Annihilator was upgraded to include explosive rounds.
- One on a helipad at Northeast police station in Algonquin. It is watched over by LCPD officers armed with rifles, but stealing it will only earn you the usual one star for vehicle theft, which can easily be evaded once you take the chopper.
- One on a helipad on a police station near Chinatown. Inaccessible from the ground, so the player must land on the helipad itself to get the Annihilator.
- One in Francis International Airport, although it is recommended you go for another one, because entering the airport will earn you a 4 star wanted level, which you cannot lose while in the Annihilator.
- One on a helipad in Alderney after you collect all 200 pigeons.
- Three in Francis International Airport in multiplayer mode.
- Summoned by calling 359-555-0100. This disables the Walk Free and One Man Army achievements.