In-game, with lights)|
An Arachnid in GTA 2.
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door softtop coupé/convertible|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
The Arachnid is a car featured in Grand Theft Auto 2.
The car is a 2-door softtop coupé or convertible appearing as a mid-range 2+2 more suited for casual driving rather than for speedy travel. Bearing "Spider" as its internal name, the Arachnid's name is a play of "spider" or "spyder", alternate terms for a convertible roadster; "arachnid" is actually an umbrella term for joint-legged invertebrate animals that includes spiders. The car's has no clear source of inspiration, although it is speculated to be based on a 1958 Lancia Aurelia B24 Spider.
In terms of performance, the Arachnid is a good starter vehicle primarily suited for travel from point A to point B (in fact, the car is offered to the player as they begin at the Residential District's church), but is not practical for chases or timed missions. The car possesses a relatively average top speed, although the car accelerates, steers and brakes better.
- By the church's entrance in Morton, Residential. This particular Arachnid is unique for its ability to knock back other cars.
- At a parking lot southwest of the Morton, Residential, church.
- At a parking lot several blocks west of the Scientist Clone center (or its remains) in Largo, Residential.
- At a parking lot near the southwest corner and (two) on the east side of the Largo shopping mall in Residential.
- At a parking lot north of the church in Tedium, Industrial.
- At a parking lot in Tedium, Industrial, two blocks west from the Tedium church.
- At a parking lot in Krimea, Industrial, northeast of the Tedium car shop and east of the Tedium police station.
- Northwest section of a parking lot in Gonad, Industrial, two blocks east of the Sennora police station.