Grand Theft Auto IV|
The Lost and Damned
The Ballad of Gay Tony
Berchem is a city in the State of Alderney. It is located in within the center of Alderney, bordered by Asahara Road and Koresh Square in the northeast (Alderney City), Mueri St in the southeast (Normandy), and Edison Ave to the South (Acter).
Berchem is a mixed residential and commercial city. A lot of the homes in the city are low-rise apartment buildings. Berchem shares the bustling atmosphere and urban make-up of neighboring Alderney City. Berchem contains affluent apartment buildings and classy stores that spans along the busy thoroughfare of Vitullo Avenue. Berchem is also one of Alderney's wealthiest cities following Westdyke.
Points of interest
Berchem contains elements of North Bergen and Hoboken, New Jersey. Berchem's name could have been derived from the Berchem district of Antwerp, Belgium, which neighbors the Hoboken district of Antwerp, which New Jersey's Hoboken was once believed to have its name come from.
- 551 Observer Highway (The Skyline) – Located in Hoboken, New Jersey. In game, it's located on Vitullo Ave & Kemeny St.
- 530 Hudson St (Edwin A. Stevens Hall of the Stevens Institute of Technology) – Located in Hoboken, New Jersey. In game, it's located on Vitullo Ave, between Kemeny St & Berners Rd, and spans between the Acter and Berchem borders.
- 125 Broad Street (Hersch Tower) – In reality, it's actually located in Elizabeth, New Jersey. In game, it's located on Babbage Drive.
- 1145 East Jersey Street (Albender Building) – In reality, it's actually located in Elizabeth, New Jersey. In game, it's located on Babbage Drive.
- 1155 East Jersey Street (Amber Court Of Elizabeth) – In reality, it's actually located in Elizabeth, New Jersey. In game, it's located on Babbage Drive.
The list of streets that runs through Berchem are:
- Aspdin Dr
- Kemeny St
- Vitullo Ave
- Cockerell Ave
- Farnsworth Rd
- Babbage Drive
- Fleming St
- Mueri St
- Bear St
The Plumbers Skyway can be entered or exited in Berchem from Aspdin Dr, between Cockerell Ave and Kemeny St. If driving in the right lane, from the Leftwood's direction, an exit cannot be made here, but it can in the opposite lane, driving from Tudor's direction.
In Berchem one of the 30 vehicles which are needed for the thefts is located in this area. The vehicle is a unique Sultan. It has a darker shade of blue and the rims are carbon black, which you cannot find on the streets. The car is parked on a driveway in front of a very big green house which is next to the exit from the Plumbers Skyway. The street on which the house and the car is located is called Aspdin Drive.