[[Appearance::Grand Theft Auto IV|
The Lost and Damned]]
|Full Name||Florian Cravic|
|Date of Birth||[[Error: Invalid time.|1978 (Age 30)]]|
|Place of Birth||Serbia|
Orange Infernus (before giving it to Niko Bellic)|
|Voiced by||Timothy J. Alex|
Florian was born in 1978, in the former Yugoslavia in the same village now located in modern-day Serbia that both Niko Bellic and Roman Bellic grew up in. In his adolescence he fought in the Yugoslav wars with Niko Bellic, also a childhood friend of Roman Bellic, and was deeply in the closet as a homosexual despite telling people he wanted to be a wrestler. He once worked in an abattoir, which he is ashamed of. Thus he was much less feminine than he became in later years, including having a more masculine voice (which is heard in Weekend at Florian's, when he becomes very angry). In his last days in the war as a teenager, he joined Niko, Darko Brevic, and twelve other soldiers on a mission into enemy territory. Darko had secretly sold information to their enemies, and all twelve were killed with the exception of Niko, Darko and Florian.
As early as 1991, Florian moved to Liberty City, where he changed his name to Bernie Crane (shunning "Florian Cravic" as if it were a split personality) and felt comfortable being an outward homosexual. At a foam party at the famous gay-club Hercules (opened in 1998 by "Gay" Tony Prince), he met Deputy Mayor Bryce Dawkins, who he started dating afterwards. In 2003 and 2004, he was arrested for soliciting sex and holding exstasy. He may have been dating Bryce at this time, as he ordered the LCPD not to harrass Bernie in any way.
In 2008, Niko Bellic traveled to the US to track down Cravic. After much work for many crime syndicates, mobster Ray Boccino pointed Bellic in the direction of Talbot Daniels, an associate of Cravic's. With Roman's help, Niko forced Talbot to direct him to Cravic's residence. When finally arriving, Niko and Roman broke into his apartment, and held Cravic at gun point. Bernie insisted that he is innocent and Niko is convinced, vowing to track down Darko Brevic.
Bernie later asks Niko to help him, as he is constantly harrassed over his sexuality by everyone from common skinheads to Bryce's many blackmailers (Dimitri Rascalov, a major Russian mobster and coincidentally a mortal enemy of Niko's, and to a lesser extent Thomas Stubbs III, another politician who bugged Bernie's Infernus successfully without them knowing). Niko eliminates all of these problems, and Bernie eventually gives him the Infernus, both of them unbeknownst it was bugged. Bernie is seen one more time in person at Roman's Wedding (it doesn't matter which choice the player makes, he appears in both), and throws confetti over Roman and Mallorie.He screams if Kate McReary or Roman get killed during the shootout.
LCPD Database record
First Name: Bernie
Place of Birth: Unknown
- 2003 - Loitering: Prostitution Solicitation
- 2004 - Possession Controlled Substance: Ecstacy
- AKA Florian Cravic.
- Involved in the gay nightclub scene.
- Currently resides in Middle Park West.
- Order from Mayor's office not to arrest or harass in any way.
- GTA IV
- Weekend at Florian's
- Hating the Haters (Boss)
- Union Drive (Boss)
- Buoys Ahoy (Boss)
- That Special Someone (Voice)
- Mr. and Mrs. Bellic
- When on a motorcycle with Bernie, he wears a unique pink helmet.
- Similar with Niko, Bernie also has a scar on his left eyebrow.
- Bernie has a painting "The Creation of Adam" on the wall of his apartment, only instead of Adam, Bernie's face has been painted over it. He also has four paintings of flowers, which are all male parts of a flower.
- Bernie's most favorite radio stations are K109 The Studio and IF99 - International Funk. He also sings "Golden" by Jill Scott as heard in the bugged car, which is heard on The Vibe 98.8.
- The only occasion, when Bernie prefers his old name, Florian Cravic, is when having sex.
- It was widely thought that Bernie would've been prominent in the Ballad of Gay Tony, as it's said in the police records that he's involved in the gay nightclub scene, or at least for him to be seen in some of the cutscenes. This isn not the case, however, as Bernie is nowhere to be seen. A reason could be that his voice actor, Timothy J. Alex, had other arrangements, and couldn't be replaced due to Crane's "unique" voice.
Concept Artwork of Bernie Crane
Bernie during Hating the Haters.