Rear quarter view)|
A Blade in GTA San Andreas.
GTA San Andreas |
The Ballad of Gay Tony
Civilian car (GTA San Andreas, GTA V)|
Civilian watercraft (The Ballad of Gay Tony)
2-door lowrider (GTA San Andreas, GTA V)|
Speedboat (The Ballad of Gay Tony)
2 (driver and 1 passenger) (GTA San Andreas, GTA V)|
4 (driver and 3 passengers) (The Ballad of Gay Tony)
|Manufacturer||Vapid (GTA V)|
The Blade refers to two different types of vehicles under the same name. The Blade was first introduced in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas as a two-door open top lowrider. The Blade name is used again for one of three new speedboats introduced in the Ballad of Gay Tony episodic pack for Grand Theft Auto IV. The name returns to being used for a car via the "I'm Not a Hipster" Update for Grand Theft Auto V.
GTA San Andreas (as a car)
The Blade combines elements of the 1965 and 1968 Chevrolet Impalas. The rear of the car resembles that of the 1963 Impala, with convex areas around the taillights rather than concave. Its headlight design is similar to a 1967 Oldsmobile Cutlass (which may be the origin of the Blade's name along with the Sabre). The Blade has no side rear-view mirrors.
If the car is equipped with hydraulics, it can be used in lowrider competitions. Being a lowrider, its exterior and interior can be modified at Loco Low Co.. While normally appearing with only an open top, the car can also be modified at Loco Low Co. to feature a hard top; a convertible top option is also available but the roof is constantly depicted retracted.
GTA San Andreas (Rear quarter view).
Side view of a Blade modified at Loco Low Co. to feature a hard top.
Acceleration and speed are quite impressive, and the brakes and slick handling serve the vehicle well. Although cornering is also excellent, the one major drawback of the Blade is its major oversteer, which makes e-braking turns absolutely futile, and driving at high speeds a challenge due to the potential loss of control at the slightest disturbance. The Blade is capable of withstanding significant impact damage due to its strong frame and overall construction; it does not fare as well against explosive damage, however.
As mentioned, the Blade can be modified at a Loco Low Co., which offers a myriad of customizations for the car, including the aforementioned hardtop and retracted top add-ons:
The Ballad of Gay Tony (as a boat)
The Blade name is repurposed for a high-powered go-fast boat in The Ballad of Gay Tony. The boat is best described as one of the largest speedboats in the GTA IV series of games, being similar in length to the Smuggler but wider. The boat also features optional forward-sweeping metallic bars over the passenger section, which are capable of detaching easily from a collision, similar to the Squalo's spoiler.
The Blade is by far the fastest watercraft in the GTA IV series, having excellent acceleration and being capable of reaching a top speeds of around 57 mph or 90 km/h. The boat is also substantially heavy, minimizing its ability to go airborne but allows the boat to accelerate stably; this trait, coupled with its large size, also reduces the boat's maneuverability, widening its turning radius and increasing its stopping distance.
GTA V (as a car)
- GTA San Andreas
- A flame-proof Blade car can be found during the mission "High Stakes, Low Rider".
- The default radio station of the Blade is Radio Los Santos.
- GTA San Andreas
- Parked in front of the garage of a house east of the El Corona Safehouse in El Corona, Los Santos.
- Can be found driven around in San Fierro Rifa gang turfs like Doherty, Garcia and Battery Point, all in San Fierro.
- Can occasionally be seen driven by non-gang affiliated civilians.
- The Ballad of Gay Tony
- Spawns at the docks next to Golden Pier Swingers Golf Club in the Meat Quarter, Algonquin.
- Used during water-based Drug Wars. Will randomly appear for the player to use during the war.
- GTA V
- Can be obtained freely from a protagonist's garage.
- Can be purchased from southernsanandreassuperautos.com for $160,000 in GTA Online.
- Speeder, which similarly appeared as both a car and a boat throughout the GTA series.