Difference between revisions of "Bleed Out"
|Line 46:||Line 46:|
*[[Bleed Out/Walkthrough|Mission walkthrough]]
*[[Bleed Out/Walkthrough|Mission walkthrough]]
Latest revision as of 21:19, 8 July 2013
Roman Bellic being attacked by Bledar Morina and Kalem Vulaj
|Location||BOABO, Firefly Projects|
Getting beaten up by the loan sharks.|
Destruction of Roman's Taxi.
Destruction of Dardan's Willard.
Losing Dardan Petrela in the car chase.
|Reward||Friendship with Roman Bellic|
|Unlocked by||Three's a Crowd|
Bleed Out is a mission in Grand Theft Auto IV. It is given to protagonist Niko Bellic by his cousin Roman Bellic via phone from the basketball courts at Firefly Projects. It is one of the two options given to the player, the other being "First Date".
Roman calls Niko right before Michelle and Niko have their date. Roman says he is cornered by Bledar Morina in the basketball courts in Firefly Projects. Niko arrives promptly and fights off the Albanians Bledar and Kalem Vulaj. Roman spots Dardan Petrela, Dardan runs and gets into his car taking off. Niko and Roman get into Roman's Taxi and chase Dardan. Along the way, Roman tells Niko that he is sick of being threatened by the Albanians and that, when everything is over, they will start a new life.
Upon entering the BOABO area, Dardan crashes into the staircase of Twitchin's Sugar Factory. He runs up some near by stairs. Niko follows him to a small room in a warehouse on top of the factory, where Dardan is waiting for him with a knife. Niko beats him up and ends up knocking him though a glass window into the Humboldt River. Niko angrily states to himself that he had promised not to kill anyone in Liberty City.
Niko then goes back to the car and takes Roman back to the depot. Niko has a discussion wit Roman about loan sharks and how they can ruin one's life. He mentions a Russian, Ray Bulgarin, who he used to work for near the Adriatic Sea. He states to Roman that Bulgarin made his life impossible and that's one of the reasons he came to Liberty City.
The player does not get any rewards other than the friendship with Roman Bellic.
- If the player chooses to continue the date with Michelle, Roman will be beaten up and sent to hospital. The player will have to go to the hospital and give him a lift back to the cab depot, after which Roman will call him to tell him he is being beaten up again, restarting the mission.
- This is the first mission that is automatically triggered by a phone call.
- Dardan in particular can be dealt with in multiple ways: the player can simply beat Dardan up, shoot him, seize his knife and use it against him, or push or kick him out of a nearby window, triggering a cutscene of Dardan falling to his death in the Humboldt River. If the player kicks Dardan out the window, Niko will express dismay that he had to kill again against his own promise after arriving at Liberty City.
- The whole traffic during the chase is scripted (as numerous other missions in the game). The vehicles seen in the traffic are not random.
- A Bobcat, two Marbelles and two Vigeros are seen in Crockett Ave.
- Two Mananas, one Marbelle and a Vigero in Mohawk Ave.
- A Manana, a Marbelle and a Bobcat in Bart St.
- A bus, one Vigero and one Marbelle in Delaware Ave.
- Two Merits, three Yankees and five Marbelles in southern Mohanet Ave.
- Two Marbelles, one Merit and a Trashmaster in Chicory St.
- One Marbelle and a Pony in northern Mohanet Avenue.
- During the mission when you are chasing Dardan with Roman and his car, if Dardan has a significant lead on you, Roman will sometimes shout [something along the lines of], "He's got a broken arm, and he's still out-driving you!"
- During the fight with Dardan, he wears a blue and grey undershirt under his jacket, however when is is kicked out of the window, the cutscene will sometime show him wearing the white undershirt he wore in "Three's a Crowd."
- It is possible for Dardan to survive if beaten to low health then repeatedly nudged into walls, railings and down the stairs to injure him (this will ensure he survives and that you don't accidentally beat him to death). Niko will simply say "Theres what we owe you Dardan, nothing else". Dardan will then either lie on the floor breathing, or get up and limp away. It is unconfirmed whether this changes anything in the game, even dialogue seems to remain the same, albeit Niko's satisfaction that he didn't kill Dardan. Nudging is risky against armed targets, but also very effective for defeating someone (except police) without gaining a wanted level, as it is not classed as assault providing you don't attack them.
- Niko will be angry with himself if he kills Dardan by kicking him out the window, but it is possible for him to be killed with the knife also, and Niko will be significantly less bothered by killing him this way, and will even quip: "You should'nt play with sharp objects Dardan."
- Roman's Taxi and Dardan's Willard are invulnerable before confronting Bledar and Kalem, even with an RPG.
Niko and Roman chasing Dardan through the docks at East Hook