Rear quarter view)|
A Blista Compact in GTA Vice City.
GTA Vice City |
GTA San Andreas
GTA Vice City Stories
GTA Chinatown Wars
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door hatchback|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Manufacturer||Dinka (GTA IV)|
"Imports? They'll be the death of this country."
- Official Vice City Bureau of Investigation file description, GTA Vice City.
The Blista Compact is a two-door hatchback available in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories and Grand Theft Auto IV. Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars features a car similar to the Blista Compact, named the Blista. In GTA IV, the Blista Compact is manufactured by Dinka.
Unlike many other vehicles, the Blista Compact's design has remained almost exactly the same in all its appearances, apart from different engine sounds and minor cosmetic differences. Like its design influence, the first generation Honda CR-X, the Blista Compact sports a hatchback design and a very small curb weight; in fact, the Blista Compact is easily the smallest and lightest passenger car in GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas (the Uranus is lighter in GTA IV). Due to its unconventional hatchback design, players cannot shoot through the back window to kill the driver or passenger; this problem is not present in GTA IV.
The car has a two-tone paint job in GTA Vice City, with an always-black bottom half, but in later games was remodeled to feature a variety of colors in all-over and two-tone styles. In GTA IV, the Blista Compact may optionally feature a spoiler or sunroof; a "sportier" variant is also available with side skirts, twin exhaust and a windscreen banner.
In pre-release screenshots of GTA Vice City, the Blista Compact can be seen with a GPX logo on the rear. The letters "GPX" are a reference to the Honda CR-X, on which the vehicle is based upon.
A Blista Compact in GTA Vice City (Rear quarter view).
A Blista Compact in GTA San Andreas. Its right signal light (beside the headlight) is missing (Rear quarter view).
A Blista Compact in GTA Vice City Stories. Grilles are added on the rear windscreen (Rear quarter view).
A Blista Compact in GTA IV (Rear quarter view, without sunroof).
A modified variant of GTA IV's Blista Compact. The spoiler is not exclusive to this variant (Rear quarter view).
Since its introduction in GTA Vice City, the Blista Compact has usually been an impressive small sports car, capable of outrunning more rare and more expensive performance cars. In GTA Vice City Stories, however, the Blista Compact is slightly slower, and suffers from moderate oversteer. Blista Compacts all use front-wheel drive, except in Vice City Stories. This could be due to the fact that it is based on a 1984 model in VCS, rather than a 1986+ model. The only downside is its very stiff suspension which can make it prone to rolling over in sharp corners or when going over edges.
In GTA IV, the Blista Compact is powered by a high-revving, twin cam 1.4L four-cylinder engine, giving it a top speed of 160 km/h (100 mph) on par with much higher-end vehicles and acceleration superior to its nearest competition, the Futo. Its suspension is excellent, preventing understeer. At high speeds it is more than capable of cornering, and at low speeds it is easy to maneuver through city traffic. Braking is acceptable, though ABS is not standard. Crash deformation is acceptable, though build quality is sub-par, often leaving the Blista Compact disabled after only a few impacts.
Modifications (GTA San Andreas)
The Blista Compact in GTA San Andreas can be modified at a TransFender, which offers a substantial range of parts:
Italicized pricing denotes prices at the Las Venturas TransFender, which charges 20% more except Colors.
- A white Blista Compact in GTA IV is central to "Clean Getaway", where it is taken from Jimmy, washed, and delivered to one of Vladimir Glebov's garages.
- Jeff is depicted to use a dark-blue Blista Compact to stash the corpse of his wife (located on the rear seat) during the player's second random character encounter with him in GTA IV. The player is instructed to dump the car in the river.
- Like the Washington and Mesa Grande, the Blista Compact has different engine sounds in each third generation game.
- A Blista Compact is featured in Rockstar North's Manhunt.
- In GTA San Andreas, the Blista Compact has a damaged right turn signal.
- In GTA San Andreas, the Blista Compact automatically plays SF-UR when entered.
- In GTA IV, the Blista Compact shares color scheme, engine sound, and drive layout with Futo and Hakumai.
- The Blista Compact is the only hatchback to appear in more than one GTA games (the other hatchbacks are Club and Flash that only appear in GTA San Andreas).
- The Blista Compact in GTA IV features fog lights, just like the Hakumai although it is somewhat rare coming across one, usually the unmodified variant with the uncovered sunroof will most likely spawn with fog lights, mounted on both sides of the front license plate. And rarely, featured on the modified variant, sans spoiler.
- In GTA IV, the Blista Compact can be sold for $1,500 at S&M Auto Sales, after completing Stevie's Car Thefts.
- Burnt-out wrecks of Blista Compacts can also be found in GTA IV. Likewise, half-built "chopshop" props of Blista Compacts can also be found in Stevie's S&M Auto Sales, and inside an auto workshop just north of a Sprunk warehouse in Bohan. Interestingly, the wheel mounted on this prop resembles a more detailed version of the Esperanto's wheels.
- In GTA Chinatown Wars, all Blista Compacts have a discolored, black right door, which means it could possibly be a "beater".
- GTA San Andreas
- Often spawns while driving a Washington or Perennial.
- Next to one of the radar towers at Easter Bay Airport in San Fierro (only when wanted for export)
- Usually seen in San Fierro and Las Venturas regions.
- GTA Vice City Stories
- Parked by Sunshine Autos in Little Havana.
- Found at the parking lot by the Hyman Memorial Stadium.
- Parked along Ocean Drive, Ocean Beach.
- Parked at the Car Park, next to the Chunder Wheel, Vice Point.
- GTA IV
- A white Blista Compact is always found in front of the Comrades Bar at the beginning of the mission Ivan The Not So Terrible. This is most likely Jimmy's car from the previous mission for Vlad. It can be moved to the player's parking space just across the street, and the mission can be completed with another car.
- Spawn all around Broker, but mostly Hove Beach, East Hook and BOABO.
- Spawn around Chinatown, Algonquin.
- Spawn around Bohan Industrial and Chase Point, Bohan
- Spawn around Acter, Acter Industrial Park and Tudor, Alderney.
- Spawn in traffic in multiplayer.
- GTA Chinatown Wars
- Vice City Crime Tree. Rockstar Games. official GTA Vice City website
- Blista Compact. Rockstar Games. official GTA Vice City website