GTA San Andreas
The Buffalo in GTA San Andreas appears to based on the third-generation Chevrolet Camaro. Even though it is clearly based on a 1982-1992 Camaro, it has been changed quite a bit. The headlights are circular, coincidentally similar to a 1994-2001 Acura Integra; a C-pillar has been added, bearing somewhat of a resemblance to 1984–1993 Dodge Daytonas; and the shape taillights look closer to some third-generation Pontiac Firebird models. The Buffalo also has a ram air hood, and, surprisingly, handles well off-road.
GTA IV — The Ballad of Gay Tony
In GTA IV and its DLCs, the Bravado Buffalo is a four-door sports sedan based on the 2006—2010 Dodge Charger with its front end bearing subtle similarities to a 2005–2009 Ford Mustang. When GTA IV was originally released, the game's rendition of the Buffalo had not been made available as a consumer model, despite numerous billboards advertising the car in Liberty City (most prominently at the end of the Dukes Boulevard Station line in Steinway, Dukes). Rather, the vehicle is initially depicted as a law enforcement vehicle for the Federal Investigation Bureau, dubbed the FIB Buffalo. The retail model is featured as an added vehicle in The Ballad of Gay Tony, the second downloadable episode for GTA IV.
The law enforcement model is taken from the base model of the Police Package Charger as it is powered by a V6 engine, similar to the Police Patrol. Both variants have a stock body kit and plain black wheels with chrome centercaps. The FIB variant is only available in black and features 2 sets of emergency lights mounted on its grille and rear windshield whereas the LCPD variant is similar to its Declasse and Vapid counterparts.
In The Ballad of Gay Tony, the Buffalo's consumer model features a performance body kit that includes larger exhaust ports, sport rims, bumpers, and side skirts, suggesting that it is based on the Charger's SRT-8 model; however, the Buffalo lacks the rear spoiler and hood scoop found on the SRT-8 model.
GTA San Andreas
In GTA San Andreas, the car is front-engine, rear-drive, and sports a V8 engine that delivers great acceleration and speed, but comes at the cost of limited control at top speeds and unstable cornering. It is also a two-door vehicle, making it unsuitable for drive-bys, as the player can only have one recruit to go along with him.
The Ballad of Gay Tony
The Buffalo's raw performance in TBOGT is considerably good for a four-door sedan, courtesy of its high displacement supercharged V8 engine, and may even be superior to its law enforcement variants. As expected, the car is capable of good acceleration and an excellent top speed of 300km/h (187mph), but is also lighter than the law enforcement Buffalo's, allowing the car to corner and brake better. While the car is still prone to burnouts after certain moments of cornering, the car grip on the road is equally excellent. Another minor quirk is its tendency to ignite unburnt fuel at the exhaust pipes during throttle liftoff after high revving, a common quirk with the Banshee and the Sultan RS. Due to it being a front-engined car, the Buffalo is highly vulnerable to frontal and engine damage.
Modifications (GTA San Andreas)
- Nitro (2X & 10X only)
- The Buffalo plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- In GTA IV, the Buffalo shown in billboards has a large Bravado logo within its grille, unlike the FIB Buffalo or the civilian Buffalo which have a small logo above the grille. Interestingly, the billboard Buffalo also retains the police lights found on the FIB variant.
- In The Ballad of Gay Tony, the most notable time you can find one is during the mission Bang Bang.
- The Buffalo has a different engine sound than the FIB Buffalo
- In The Ballad of Gay Tony, Mori has a unique bright red Buffalo.
- It is Believed that Gay Tony's boyfriend, Evan, drives a Buffalo, as in the mission Bang Bang's opening cutscene Evan is at Tony's loft, and a the beginning of the mission, you can choose between driving the Buffalo or Tony's Schafter.
- If the player takes a Buffalo in The Ballad of Gay Tony to a Pay 'n' Spray too many times it will turn a unique, dark brown colour. This colour will then be permanent, and no amount of subsequent resprays will change it. This is most likely a glitch, as almost every other car in the game will continually cycle through its available colours each time you visit a Pay N' Spray. The exceptions are the Dukes, the Infernus and the PMP 600, which all suffer from similar glitches.
- The Buffalo has the same engine sound as the Police Stinger, but does not accelerate or drive as fast as the Stinger.
- In The Ballad of Gay Tony, the civilian Buffalo has a very similar horn to the Brickade.
- The Buffalo appears in the Drug Wars where it is used to escort drugs, These have special paintjobs at some times. In some Highjacks with helicopters as the drug vehicle, a black Buffalo will be parked near the jetty where the player land the helicopter.
GTA San Andreas
- Spawns while driving a Perennial in Santa Maria Beach, Los Santos (Fri).
- Beside Catalina's Hideout at Fern Ridge, Red County.
- Spawns while driving a ZR-350 in Queens, San Fierro (Sat).
- In traffic at Juniper Hill, San Fierro and usually around The Strip in Las Venturas.
- In Misappropriation, if the agent reaches The Emerald Isle, he will land on the helipad and run down to the parking lot, where there is a silver Buffalo that is bullet-, fire-, explosion- and damageproof. It will be locked unless the player take it to a safehouse garage.  is a video that shows how to do it.
- Available to export the Import/Export dock in Easter Basin, San Fierro every Friday after completing export lists/ Cost: $28,000
- A unique white Buffalo with a license plate reading "PULASKI" is driven by Eddie Pulaski in the mission High Noon. If the player destroys it during the mission, it re-appears when they get the "mission passed" message.
The Ballad of Gay Tony
- If the player is hijacking a boat during the Drug Wars he will be required to bring it to the docks in the northernmost part of Algonquin (in Northwood). The Buffalo will be right in front of the player after he delivers the boat and he is at the top of the stairs. It is also found there when you have to steal a helicopter and bring it to the same location.
- It can mostly be found anywhere as it is a common car, but it is most common in Algonquin and Alderney.
- A phone call to Henrique.
- Ruiner, a similar car that fills the 1980s muscle car slot of the GTA San Andreas Buffalo.