- This article is about the vehicle in GTA San Andreas. For the vehicle in The Ballad of Gay Tony, see Bullet GT or for the physics library see Bullet Physics Library.
Rear quarter view; driving school variant)|
A Bullet in GTA San Andreas..
GTA San Andreas |
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door supercar|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Manufacturer||Vapid (GTA V)|
- GTA San Andreas
The Bullet's shape closely resembles a first-generation Ford GT, making the car an anachronism; the GT wasn't introduced until 2005, 13 years after the game's events in 1992. The Ford GT40 was used as a racecar in the 1960s, but bears less of a resemblance to the Bullet. In a pre-release screenshot of GTA San Andreas, the Bullet is seen with a double stripe and a different hood, identical to that on the real Ford GT; the beta model is also portrayed in some renderings inside of Otto's Autos, a showroom in Downtown San Fierro. The change to a single stripe in the actual game may have been aimed at avoiding a blatantly obvious design influence from a car that wouldn't exist for another 13 years. Also, the Bullet uses a conventional door design, unlike the real life Ford GT's "aircraft door" design.
- GTA V
In GTA V, the Vapid Bullet still resembles the Ford GT, borrowing design cues like the waterfall hood scoop and body shape. The louvers over the rear windscreen are more similar to those featured on the Lamborghini Miura, while the plush interior, which features sport bucket seats finished in tan leather, is derived from the Grotti Turismo.
Acceleration, speed, handling, and braking are among the best in the game. The only real sacrifice is susceptibility to intense damage upon impact, especially at the excessive speeds the vehicle is capable of reaching. The vehicle is mid-engine, and has a rear-drive layout. A closer look at the engine shows six injector trumpets, suggesting that the engine is actually a V6 instead of a V8. The Bullet's in-game engine sound is shared with the Oceanic, Glendale (both variants), and the Tornado; the horn sound is the same as the Windsor, Flash, and Feltzer.
In GTA V, the Bullet is powered by a 6.0 L 550 hp naturally aspirated, high-revving V8 engine; this is contrary to the real-life Ford GT's 5.4 L supercharged, low-revving V8. The Bullet has a top speed of 205 mph (330 km/h), much like the real-life Ford GT. The Bullet has a neutral handling set up and is extremely balanced; plus, it is also fairly durable compared with other super cars, especially the fragile Comet. In contrary to all these high quality aspects, the high-revving can sometimes cause the car to lose control when turning or beginning to drive which usually can become a disadvantage in events such as racing. To prevent this, the car is normally driven with caution in mind.
The Bullet can be modified at a TransFender, but is only offered a bare minimum of modification options:
Italicized pricing denotes prices at the Las Venturas TransFender, which charges 20% more except Colors.
- The Bullet's default radio stations are as follows:
- Certain Bullets in GTA San Andreas acquired through unconventional means may bear special vanity plates:
FUCK YOU(Easter Basin docks)
TOO FAST(Easter Basin docks)
CHUNKY(Burger Shot, San Fierro)
- During "Sexy Time" (in The Ballad of Gay Tony), a magazine under the wad of cash featuring an early GTA San Andreas screenshot of a red Bullet is visible when Yusuf Amir opens his drawer for his wad of money for Luis.
- GTA San Andreas
- In a small alcove below Harry Plums Wholesale Fruit in Doherty, San Fierro, next to the Police Bribe.
- Located at Burger Shot in Juniper Hollow, San Fierro after completion of Driving School. The car constantly appears with a unique gray body and brown stripe.
- At the Driving School in Doherty, San Fierro after achieving silver medals in all the schools tests. The car constantly appears with a light gray body.
- Available at Easter Basin docks, San Fierro for import for $84,000, after completing the third export list (Saturdays only).
- Seen driven on The Strip.
- Bullet GT, The Ballad of Gay Tony equivalent.