Doris telling Tommy that Mercedes Cortez called for a taxi.
|Game||GTA Vice City|
|Target||VC Cabs Owner|
|Location||Little Haiti, Vice City|
Death of Tommy Vercetti|
Arrest of Tommy Vercetti
Kaufman Cabs (as an asset)|
|Unlocked by||Friendly Rivalry|
Tommy enters the Kaufman Cab and gets told by Doris that a Miss Cortez asked for a taxi. Believing it to be Mercedes, Tommy drives over to Viceport, enters the marked area, and sounds the horn. Tommy notes that there is no sign of Mercedes, and then realizes he was set up, as six Vice City Cabs drivers enter the area and attack Tommy with their vehicles, seeking revenge for the three cars Tommy destroyed during the previous mission.
Tommy manages to survive their onslaught for one minute, at which point the owner of VC Cabs arrives in a Zebra Cab (also wielding a katana) and the other drivers disappear from the area. Tommy kills him to pass the mission.
(Kaufman Cabs, Tommy Vercetti and Doris)
Doris: Car 13, we got a Miss. Cortez, asked for you especially.
Tommy Vercetti: OK, I got it. Car 13, out!
(The Docks, Tommy)
Tommy Vercetti: Hmmmmm, no sign of Mercedes.
(The Docks, VC Cabs Owner)
VC Cabs Owner: It's time for Kaufman Cabs' guardian angel to eat some fender!
The reward for completing this mission is $5,000. The Kaufman Cabs asset is now complete and the company will generate $5,000 in revenue every day. A Zebra Cab will spawn inside the cab depot from this point on. All Kaufman Cabs taxis will now have two-way radios installed, with Doris talking to the drivers replacing the radio stations.
- The name of this mission is a portmanteau of "cab" and "armageddon".
- The "armageddon" part of the name is a clear reference to the fall of the Vice City Cabs.
- The player can choose to destroy the rival taxis. However, they may receive a 2-star wanted level for mass murder.
- If a police officer is near the player as they reach the compound in Viceport and sound the horn, the police officer will run away.
- This mission is coincidentally similar to the mission Cash in Kazuki's Chips for Toshiko Kasen in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and The Da Nang Thang for Wu Zi Mu in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas as the targets of all three missions (in this mission's case, the Vice City Cabs owner. In The Da Nang Thang's case, The Snakehead. In Cash in Kazuki's Chips's case, Kazuki Kasen) use katanas.
- All three missions also involve the fall/decline in power of a rival organization.
|PC Version - GTASeriesVideos|