For much of its appearances, the Caddy's compact, open air design has remained unchanged, with the exception of several minor cosmetic modifications, such as a higher frontage in GTA Vice City Stories, and roof framing in The Ballad of Gay Tony.
The Caddy is naturally found at the golfing areas in both Vice City and the State of San Andreas. The Caddy is powered by an electric engine and, as a result, typically emits a quieter humming engine noise. Between GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories, entering a Caddy automatically equips the player with a Golf Club as a melee weapon, providing the melee space is not already occupied. The Caddy is the official gang car of the Leaf Link Golfers, although they are usually only ever seen driving it inside or around the Golf Course. Stealing it from golfers will result in being dragged out of the cart and beaten with golf clubs. Since it has no doors, the player is particularly vulnerable when having a wanted level, as the player will be instantaneously pulled out by a police officer and arrested if the Caddy is traveling in low speeds.
The Caddy in The Ballad of Gay Tony is indicated to be manufactured by ProLaps, and is reworked to sport more detailing. Unlike earlier renditions, the only body color available on a Caddy is glossy white. In addition to the regular Caddy, a grilled variant that protects the driver cab from oncoming golf balls exists in the game; an unnamed union official is strapped to the vehicle during "Practice Swing" and is forced to leak information to Rocco Pelosi while tied to the vehicle. This Caddy can be obtained with a trick.
The Caddy is very light but slow, and has a higher center of gravity, causing them to take damage quickly, bounce around more violently and roll easily; as such, caution must be exercised when driving along a roadway where vehicles travel in high speeds. While the Caddy's bottom-heavy weight distribution means that it is less likely to rest upside down after a roll, the Caddy may end up resting on its back, immobilizing it.
In The Ballad of Gay Tony, the one-gear Caddy is more resilience to frontal damage (as its engine is now position in the rear) and possesses more heightened suspensions and good hill climbing power, effectively handling like a slow Quad.
- The Caddy plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- K-Rose in GTA San Andreas.
- If a Caddy is sufficiently damaged, yellow sparks may begin to be emitted by the vehicle's rear engine, another implication it is an electric vehicle.
- The Cage Caddy in TBoGT dosen't feature any doors, Luis will simple step through the fence.
- GTA Vice City
- Driven around the Leaf Links golf course by golfers.
- Parked in bushes in Ocean Beach near the lighthouse.
- GTA San Andreas
- Often found in the car park of the Avispa Country Club in San Fierro.
- Driving around the golf course at the Avispa Country Club in San Fierro.
- At the movie studio in Vinewood, Los Santos.
- Driving around at the Yellow Bell Golf Course.
- GTA Vice City Stories
- Inside the Leaf Links golf course by the tennis court. In the PlayStation 2 version of the game, the Caddy may be used to trigger the Caddy Daddy side-mission.
- At the InterGlobal movie studio in Prawn Island.
- The Ballad Of Gay Tony
- Near the mini golf couse on Firefly Island in multiplayer.
- Found at the golf Couse in western Algonquin in multiplayer.
- During "Practice Swing", which is the only way to get one in single player.